Pw80

bobdryerr

Nov 10, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I know it's not a quad but I bought a pw80 for my nephew an when I shift it into gear it jerks forward and dies. I'm thinking it has something to do with the auto clutch but not sure what part. Should I just replace everything. I don't want to spend much money only cause the resale value is garbage on these and I'm afraid he is gonna out grow it fast

Hey Bob, good to see you still around, although i'm no help to your problem

Reactions: bobdryerr
Hey Bob, good to see you still around, although i'm no help to your problem
Good seeing you to man. Been a very long time. Just rebuilt my blaster last spring an was breaking her in an she just shut off on me so I pulled the clutch in an coasted to a stop had a friend tow me home an said screw it I'm done with this crap. Was so mad. So went out yesterday an was like hell let's see if she will start. Second kick fired right up. Think she might of over heated. So now I'm trying to get this bike going so my nephew can ride with me

oh ya my blaster... well im not for sure if it did or not. while i was driving down the road it just died like i ran out of gas. then i had to get going an never tried to restart it until a year later and she started right up.. whats the symptoms of overheating would that be one?? its been so long since ive worked on air cooled motors. lol

My sons PW 80 does the same thing. It is very cold blooded and wants to be really warm before it will stay running in gear. try warming it up really well.

ok thanks guys deff gonna do a leak down test on the blaster an then ill let the pw warm up longer i guess lol. ive let it wartm up for 20 mins and still does the same. ill give it another try and go from there

Im thinking you have a clutch issue, I have a pw80, I dont have to warm it up for the thing to idle, or go into gear, an mine is hopped up, you can fire mine up an pop it right in gear an it dont move till you gas it