Pw 50

dirtysquared

DirtyDirty
Jun 30, 2013
South Western PA
I just made a deal with my friend, and I'm picking up a 2003 Blue PW 50 for my daughter tomorrow night. I think Im more excited about it than she is! Pics to come tomorrow night!

Fred

Here it is! It needs the carb cleaned out bad. Its sat for a year. I cleaned up the plastics, then let her put some Stickers on it. So far The only things I've fround wrong were, 1 Rear shock is missing. The Choke Cable is broken. Other than that seems ok. I I cleaned it good tonight, tomorrow night I'll pull the carb. I just hate working on dirty bikes!!!!

Its running! The carb was totally gummed up. The main and pilot jut in this thing are tiny. About 1 can of carb cleaner later, I got it fired up. Its running well after I adjusted the air screw and idle screw. Now the fun part, teaching Her to ride!

Fred

I put the training wheels on X-mas Morning. Thanks WifesBlaster! It took a few weeks to finally have a Decent day to go out in the yard. But today was the day:) She is catching on, I had to tell her a bunch at first to keep her feet on the pegs, but after awhile she started realizing to keep them on. I have the throttle turned down so far it isn't funny. She loves this thing, Only one close call, from her cutting the wheel to fast, but the training wheels saved the day. I thought my Dad was being mean when I learned to ride 30 years ago......now I know why he was yelling at me:) She loves it and is going to learn to ride safe and smart. Thats all I can ask for.

Last edited:
thats awesome fred !

is she doing a burnout here ? \/
looks like the rear wheel is spinning but the front isn't ? :)

Blaaster she loves it. When I was putting it back in the garage she told me "Hey dad, one day I'm going to race this motorbike and I'm gonna win!"

I have my hands full.

It was spinning everywhere Awk. My yard is like a soft soupy mud. One time she was spinning the tire throwing mud everywhere and started grinning and laughing! No DNA tests needed to know its my Kid!!

He already has one coming to him. We rebuilt one with a 60cc big bore kit. My nephew has it now. I really appreciate the offer though.

Your welcome. You hooked me up with the wheels, I'll hook you back up one day somehow. At least I can send them back to you when its time.

60cc bigbore?? I have a bone stock cyl, with the throttle turned down so far it barely goes and I was nervous!!!! Its all fun though. As long as the kids are having a blast, We can't be happier as Dads.

Sweet!!! I love seeing the little ones riding and smiling!!! Looks like she is having a ball.