Pro-Design intake with VForce3 reeds

Bmwe30sport

Oct 26, 2009
Rhode Island
I got my Pro-Design intake in the other day. It was said that it was to work with VForce style of reeds but it doesnt work with my VForce 3's. I emailed the vendor I got the intake from and they said that they never had a problem with the intake working with VForces and that i should contact Pro-Design.
prodesignintakemanifold001.jpg

prodesignintakemanifold003.jpg

prodesignintakemanifold002.jpg

prodesignintakemanifold004.jpg

prodesignintakemanifold005.jpg

prodesignintakemanifold006.jpg

Is there something Im missing? Clearly the stock manifold works fine with the VForce reeds, and clearly the Pro-Design intake is not the right shape for the reed inlet to go inside of it. Is there another intake that Pro-Design makes that works with the VForce reeds? Thus making this the complete wrong one?

yeah awk did a write up on it in the diy section. i guess that answers the question i had. i was going to buy that same intake boot and wanted to know if my vf3's would have to be modded.

v force has the same problems with my banshee you would think that they would fix a problem like that but i guess i am too simple minded to understand the complications?

well, pro design does supposedly make an intake for these vf-3's ????
the one pictured above is like mine and not it
one caution about these pro designs, on my last leakdown test i found mine to be leaking between the rubber boot and billet base, a one piece intake like the snyder motorsports or the upp would be a better fool proof option

Well after calling up Pro-Design, I was told that I infact have the VForce style intake ( stock intake has the diverter flap in it) and the the VForce intake for the blaster is meant for the VForce Delta 2 reeds and not the VF3's8-|. Not too happy with them as in that should be clear in the ad.

Well after calling up Pro-Design, I was told that I infact have the VForce style intake ( stock intake has the diverter flap in it) and the the VForce intake for the blaster is meant for the VForce Delta 2 reeds and not the VF3's8-|. Not too happy with them as in that should be clear in the ad.

Yes, i have the v-2 reeds and the pro-design and it was a bolt on.

just cut the vf3 nozzle off, mine works like a champ,

Its still sh*tty you think your buy a bolt on thing but you have to mod it and you could have done this for less money the whole reason he bought this was bc it was a straight bolt on mod I say bull sh*t in the and pro design

from my experience....

"bolt on" parts usually take an afternoon

"universal" usually means a weekend

using aftermarket parts with other aftermarket parts generates fitment issues. its part of the game, you have to modify parts and get them on, then get on with life

Its still sh*tty you think your buy a bolt on thing but you have to mod it and you could have done this for less money the whole reason he bought this was bc it was a straight bolt on mod I say bull sh*t in the and pro design

exactly. I'm probably going to just remove the snorkel off of the VF3 reed cage, but after buying this intake thinking it would be direct bolt on and its not is kinda sh*tty.

Brandoz28- It would be one thing if it were two aftermarket pieces made to work with just stock parts and then combining those two aftermarket pieces and finding out its not bolt on. But when you buy an $80 intake that is made to "work" with VF reeds and it doenst, you get rubbed the wrong way especially considering i worked 10 hours to buy that.

i can understand that, the fact that they haven't updated for teh vf3's is definitely showing some laziness/negligence.

too many times i've had stuff not work together and you have to spend a few hours making your bolt on stuff...bolt on lol

exactly. I'm probably going to just remove the snorkel off of the VF3 reed cage.

Don't remove it completely. You can trim it but don't remove, you need that snorkel piece for the reeds to work properly.

That does suck that it doesn't just bolt up but you wanna know what sucks worse? I bought a pro design intake a few years ago and didn't know they made two different types. Guess which type I bought? Yep, the one for a stock intake, so my brand new pro design intake is hanging on the wall because I can't use it