PRO Aluminum Front Bumper

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
When I built my Blaster this summer, I was looking for a reasonably-priced and good-looking front bumper. No offense to the guys who run Blingstar front bumpers, but I think they are downright tacky. Everybody likes the AC Racing and DG front bumpers, but I wanted something different that provided some protection and wasn't constructed of a maze of tubing/plating.

After doing some looking, I settled on a PRO Aluminum front bumper. As seen here:

V-Cross Bumper for Blaster 200 (1988-2006)

I bought mine brand-new off ebay for $ 50.00 shipped. Looking at the website, I didn't realize they were so expensive from the factory. Guess I got a good deal. Anyhow, I'm very happy with how the bumper fit up to my Blaster. No shimming or re-drilling of poorly-aligned factory holes required.

It doesn't stick out very far from the front of the frame, so you don't get sticks and debris caught while riding. The bumper is light and very sturdy. I hit a log head-on, (which some idiot left laying in the middle of a trail! :eek:)doing about 25mph this fall. My front tires took most of the impact, but the bumper was hit hard as well, and it didn't even budge. I can't find a dent or bend anywhere after the wreck. If you look at my sig pic, which was taken right after the wreck (notice the bent handlebars on one side), you can see for yourself the fitment and placement on a Blaster.

Bottom line? Good quality part that fits well and does the job. Yes, there are cheaper bumpers out there, and some other makers DO provide better front-end protection, but for the way I ride, this is perfect. Very happy with my investment. Now I want a PRO Aluminum grab bar for the next time I stand a wheelie up just a little too far... ;)

Nice bumper. Wish they made one that you could mount to the stock bumper. I like how the stock one makes the frame look longer.

When I built my Blaster this summer, I was looking for a reasonably-priced and good-looking front bumper. No offense to the guys who run Blingstar front bumpers, but I think they are downright tacky. Everybody likes the AC Racing and DG front bumpers, but I wanted something different that provided some protection and wasn't constructed of a maze of tubing/plating.

After doing some looking, I settled on a PRO Aluminum front bumper. As seen here:

V-Cross Bumper for Blaster 200(1988-2006)

I bought mine brand-new off ebay for $ 50.00 shipped. Looking at the website, I didn't realize they were so expensive from the factory. Guess I got a good deal. Anyhow, I'm very happy with how the bumper fit up to my Blaster. No shimming or re-drilling of poorly-aligned factory holes required.

It doesn't stick out very far from the front of the frame, so you don't get sticks and debris caught while riding. The bumper is light and very sturdy. I hit a log head-on, (which some idiot left laying in the middle of a trail! :eek:)doing about 25mph this fall. My front tires took most of the impact, but the bumper was hit hard as well, and it didn't even budge. I can't find a dent or bend anywhere after the wreck. If you look at my sig pic, which was taken right after the wreck (notice the bent handlebars on one side), you can see for yourself the fitment and placement on a Blaster.

Bottom line? Good quality part that fits well and does the job. Yes, there are cheaper bumpers out there, and some other makers DO provide better front-end protection, but for the way I ride, this is perfect. Very happy with my investment. Now I want a PRO Aluminum grab bar for the next time I stand a wheelie up just a little too far... ;)

That is a killer price and I like the V bend!