powder coated rims

Neither it's going to chip around the lip for sure.For the price of powdercoating you could spend a bit more and get some aluminum rims.The pc will look niced until it chips and flakes off.If you insist glossy black is my choice.

I personally would just have them sandblasted prime and paint the color of your choice. As said above, the exposed lip will chip all to hell and become the focus point of the rim.

it will cost me 20 bucks to get the tires off the rims and back on and im gonna guess 80 to 120 bucks to get them powder coated? i dont really wanna spend money on new rims if i can just paint them and make em look like em lol.

If they are the rims in the picture, those look great as-is

Also, those look like aluminum, which i doubt can be powdercoated...

make them pop,there starting to rust on the inside. I just want something different ya know?

Last edited:
You can get new rims for less than $120. Check out the Rock brand rims at rocky mountain atv.They seem to be fairly priced.Or douglas or itp. They are going to chip cause you will be riding through mud,rocks,branches etc etc they will for sure start to chip afetr a few good rides.You could paint them but they will just chip easier,but you could always recoat whenever you wanted.Might look like pc for a few minutes.lol

If your not going to ride your quad than powder coat your rims, you should just paint them well, yes they will still chip but you can always just repaint them. Your rims are steal if they are rusting just so you know, aluminum doesn't rust it oxidizes. If aluminum it will be kind of a dusty (when oxidized) white and will pit after time..

its not a lot of rust,if i take some sandpaper itll come right off,just a little surface rust,i just want different color rims.

those fronts are ugly lol, im still debating if i should just paint them or buy new rims....hmmmm,if i buy black rims how will that paint stay on?

those fronts are ugly lol, im still debating if i should just paint them or buy new rims....hmmmm,if i buy black rims how will that paint stay on?

Somehow, the factory paint is practically indestructable, its stonger than pc and any paint you can put on yours... I dont know what kind it is, but its nice... Maybe some sort of thing they melt right on idk