Polaris Trailboss 250 rear shock question

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
Quick question for somebody on here who has more experience than I with Polaris sport quads: Do you know if the rear shocks will interchange somewhat between models? Reason I'm asking is I have a 1997 Trailblazer 250 with a blown rear shock. I found several good used ones around, including the Fox reservoir type used on Scramblers and the newer Trailblazers. Will one of these shocks bolt up to the older Trailboss?

Or does anybody have time to give me eye-to-eye length and mount hole diameter specs on a Polaris Fox rear shock? Rep to anybody who can help! I:I

Reactions: Braaaptor
Thanks for all the info guys! I think I confused Awk with a typo (since fixed) in my post. Sorry 'bout that. I have a Polaris Trailboss, not a Trailblazer. I think the Trailblazers were built on the same frame as the Trailboss but were fitted with sportier suspension. Now its starting to make sense.

Rep given. Ill be on the lookout for a Fox rear shock that fits...

Thanks for all the info guys! I think I confused Awk with a typo (since fixed) in my post. Sorry 'bout that. I have a Polaris Trailboss, not a Trailblazer. I think the Trailblazers were built on the same frame as the Trailboss but were fitted with sportier suspension. Now its starting to make sense.

Rep given. Ill be on the lookout for a Fox rear shock that fits...

I am way late but I just pulled and measured the rear shock off of my Polaris 400 and it's 16" eye to eye so it should fit the majority of rear shocks, just look for something with the most adjustment.

Also check your rear chain to make sure it's still in spec, most of the time a blown rear shock on non-concentric bikes = damaged/stretched/snapped rear chain. I don't remember what year they started making near concentric swing arms.

I just wish Polaris or the aftermarket had better front springs, some good dual rates would be wonderful at the dunes on a choppy day!

Quick question for somebody on here who has more experience than I with Polaris sport quads: Do you know if the rear shocks will interchange somewhat between models? Reason I'm asking is I have a 1997 Trailblazer 250 with a blown rear shock. I found several good used ones around, including the Fox reservoir type used on Scramblers and the newer Trailblazers. Will one of these shocks bolt up to the older Trailboss?

Or does anybody have time to give me eye-to-eye length and mount hole diameter specs on a Polaris Fox rear shock? Rep to anybody who can help! I:I
I used both the rear and front shocks and springs from a Scrambler to upgrade the Trailblazer. Worked great racing cross country. Rear should work on the boss but the fonts on the boss up to 2000 are smaller in diameter