Polaris Trail Boss 250

Holtergeist

Apr 17, 2015
Baldwinsville, N.Y.
Hey guys how's it going I just picked up an 86 polaris trail boss 250. I have no idea what I got myself into with this one. If anybody has any info on these I'd love to hear from you...what is up with the transmission? Has no shifter on it.....what's the stock carb?.......What kind of power does it have?.....I'm all ears

Polaris CVT transmissions are the best in the business. Check out Aaen performance for hotrod goodies.

My wifes ride is a Trailboss 330. Had it for quite some time now and never had an issue. Change the fluids regulary along with greasing any fittings and you should be good to go. ^^^ like stated above it is a cvt trans, the more you hit the throttle to faster you go..

As far as the power, we have a 330 so the power may differ but it does have some nut behind it. It pulls our trailers/boats around with no prob. Gone through some deep mud also and hasnt got stuck yet.

As far as the stock carb i am not sure..

Post up some pics fr us.. we like pics :)

Awesome so at least so far I know I have a good runner. This is going to be my girlfriends ride when I'm done....I will most definitely post up pictures when I get the chance too.

Now what I'm truly stumped on is where the shifter goes for these .....there wasn't one on it when I got it it was pretty torn down from the guy not having any idea why it's not idling good.....carb was stuck and it's missing the shifter so I'm guessing with those 2 problems it's just stuck full bore.....I know I need new cables and electric start. If you have any insight on the tranny for these I'm all ears

it has a cvt automatic transmission as mentioned before. no clutch and no foot shifter. it has a shifter up by the front right fender for hi low reverse. vvvvv

My problem is that it didn't come with a shifter on it so I have no idea where it goes. Polaris is new to me a d so are automatics. I picked it up for 200 over the weekend and it was half torn down. So I'm trying to figure out the few things it needs. That is if this all that is really wrong with it lol

Does this help?
images-1.jpg
3585d1309130288-gear-shift-keeps-popping-out-into-neutral-img_8403.jpg

My problem is that it didn't come with a shifter on it so I have no idea where it goes. Polaris is new to me a d so are automatics. I picked it up for 200 over the weekend and it was half torn down. So I'm trying to figure out the few things it needs. That is if this all that is really wrong with it lol
If it is 2wd the shifter mounts on the frame below the tank. A connecting rod goes back to a lever on the top of the trans