please help!

Tonyv913

Jun 12, 2017
So I'm have a little problem and I don't know what it could be. If I go more than half throttle, it has a weird bogging noise and doesn't wanna hit the power band. Any idea what it can be? Thanks

all the above/\
and very briefly reading your other threads
i would do a compression test on your new top end.
if your compression is too low it will not hit "powerband" either

I agree with the fellas above,. Also check air filter, if restricted will bog motor. In other post you were having problems with carb, did the issue not get resolved?? Carb adjusted/jetted improperly will cause issues. Hope you get it the issue ran down, good luck.

I agree with the fellas above,. Also check air filter, if restricted will bog motor. In other post you were having problems with carb, did the issue not get resolved?? Carb adjusted/jetted improperly will cause issues. Hope you get it the issue ran down, good luck.

I had a bad idle problem and I finally fixed that issue, and I recently change the main jet to a 290. But ever sense then it lost top end power. Maybe I can put the 230 back in there and see what happens. I'll let y'all know how it turns out. I am doing everything I can to get it running perfect. Thanks guys

Take the top off the air box> if it runs better = to rich worse= too lean simple.

It runs better with the lid off, I'm gonna throw a 310 jet in and hope it fixes my issue.

Ok I hate to bring up a problem that already been discussed.. but I’m having the same issue with my blaster.. it’s an 06 with a 240 big bore kit. Had a new top end, head was sent off and machined, new vforce3 reeds carb has been cleaned and rejetted and properly tuned, new plug. All work was done this past winter at a shop. Also has fmf platinum fatty and powercore2 silencer.. has plenty of power in bottom end but once it goes to hit powerband, it just dies out.. ran fine last weekend and now it’s doing this. I changed the plug, cleaned the carb checked the reeds and they look good... I’m stumped on this one.. also tors has been deleted.. also has good compress

Ok I hate to bring up a problem that already been discussed.. but I’m having the same issue with my blaster.. it’s an 06 with a 240 big bore kit. Had a new top end, head was sent off and machined, new vforce3 reeds carb has been cleaned and rejetted and properly tuned, new plug. All work was done this past winter at a shop. Also has fmf platinum fatty and powercore2 silencer.. has plenty of power in bottom end but once it goes to hit powerband, it just dies out.. ran fine last weekend and now it’s doing this. I changed the plug, cleaned the carb checked the reeds and they look good... I’m stumped on this one.. also tors has been deleted.. also has good compress

properly cleaned the carb ? .... carb cleaner and compressed air, or a wire if needed, thru the jets ? one particle of dirt can plug a jet, check float height and make sure everything is where it belongs and is snug ?
good fuel flow to the carb ?

I've also seen bad plug wires and boots not show themselves until under high load in the upper power/rpm range

properly cleaned the carb ? .... carb cleaner and compressed air, or a wire if needed, thru the jets ? one particle of dirt can plug a jet, check float height and make sure everything is where it belongs and is snug ?
good fuel flow to the carb ?

I've also seen bad plug wires and boots not show themselves until under high load in the upper power/rpm range

I will take it back apart and clean it again like you said. And check float level. Will post what happens. Thanks for the help

Air cleaner clean?

Maybe even pull main jet holder/emulsion tube. Tiny holes on the sides. Make sure air vent for gas tank is clear, check fuel flow from petcock.