Plastics

Be sure to clean/degrease/prep them before you spray.
You don't want to have to strip paint off plastic it's a PITA.

I just shaved my fenders and cleaned them. I'm sanding them tonight and painting them with the krylon fusion this week. I can let you know how it is.

I used krylon fusion. It worked pretty good, but it scratches off pretty easily. I should have done more prep work. Im going to paint them again soon and actually prep the plastic right this time.

Last edited:
you need to buy some plastic adhesion promoter. the best brand is bulldog. sand the plastics down with 320 grit or 400 grit sand paper. clean them and then spray them with the bulldog before you paint them allow them to tack up and then paint your color.

you need to buy some plastic adhesion promoter. the best brand is bulldog. sand the plastics down with 320 grit or 400 grit sand paper. clean them and then spray them with the bulldog before you paint them allow them to tack up and then paint your color.

the paint will hold much better if you do this

if i painted my plastics. I would prime 3-5 coats. krylon fusion. 4-6 coats. crystal clear rust-oleum 4-6 coats. leave sitting for a day or two. and rip up until my next build.B)

More coats is not better when painting plastic.
3 coats paint + some clear is all you need.
Alot of coats just causes it to flake and scratch easier.
BTW can you shrink that sig image please.

More coats is not better when painting plastic.
3 coats paint + some clear is all you need.
Alot of coats just causes it to flake and scratch easier.
BTW can you shrink that sig image please.

agreed, my paint guy just told me that about my recent frame paint too, more isnt always better
and this is the second sig pic that needs tamed, i'm off to find the other one