Piston hitting head gasket

400ex killer

Supporting Member
Forum Supporter
Nov 8, 2016
So I’m running a +4 stroker crank and I had to do a complete rebuild due to case leak. Got her all back together but piston hits head gasket. Last time the engine was built by KOR and I’m assuming they shaved the gasket.(watched a video of him doing this due to this common issue) How could I fix this without having to order special head gasket? I do not want to run a spacer because of head mod for higher compression. Also side note KOR put my engine together like I said above, quad ran strong for years with no issues. Only reason she broke is cause my fill plug fell out and I lost most my trans fluid and didn’t realize till it was too late. I would recommend that shop for anyone who needs a build.

I would call Ken, if he’s open because of the bull
Is head off? How did he do it in video? I would think all you’d have to do is scribe it an use deemed. Do you still have old gasket?

I would call Ken, if he’s open because of the bull
Is head off? How did he do it in video? I would think all you’d have to do is scribe it an use deemed. Do you still have old gasket?

old gasket is gone and he used a milling or Lathe machine i don’t remember. And yea I popped the head back off and piston pushes the gasket up and makes contact. I have my old piston that is the same size and gasket didn’t fit around it. Probably just gonna have to call him and give him the piston size so he can cut one and ship it to me. I’m worried if I scribe a line and dremel it I’ll cause it to be uneven and get hot spots and blow the gasket.

Reactions: Larry's Shee