picked up another project

ron89

Feb 20, 2008
bensalem PA..
well i traded my 400ex for a dirtbike yesterday, well i was on craigslist today and seen a 02 400ex with a 03 z400 motor in it, well i made him a offer of 500 and he told me to come get it haha, its pretty much done, i just need to get a bunch of stuff for it, he bought the motor and harness on ebay for 1800 about amonth ago, has works front shocks hehe, and a bunch of extras,

IMG_0174.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0173.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_0175.jpg
[/IMG]

it looks like the hardest part is going to be the tank. looks like that motor is pretty tall....

wanna trade those works for the 450r fronts.....they would be better for the heavier motor, lol but seriously the 450 fronts would be better for the heavier motor

no seriously, i love my 450r fronts, there really nice but just as tad stiffer than i would perfer so which means they'ed beperfect for a heavier bike and ron is prob a bit heavier than me too, and i have the shocks all the way to soft

no seriously, i love my 450r fronts, there really nice but just as tad stiffer than i would perfer so which means they'ed beperfect for a heavier bike and ron is prob a bit heavier than me too, and i have the shocks all the way to soft

a 450r is actually lighter than a 400ex, so they shouldent be stiff.

yea i dont know what i wanna do yet, i may part it out, and the motor isnt as tall as the 400 the only thing is, there is some vents on the top of the valve cover that i think will hit the tank.