picked up another project

ron89

Feb 20, 2008
bensalem PA..
i picked up a winter project , its a 97 yamaha banshee, it has a cpi pipes, the motor was fully built by east coast atv about year ago. its fully ported has paul turner cool head with 18cc domes, 18inch rear tires, all new swing arm, carrier axle and one hub lol. i am sure i am missing some stuff. i paid 1200 for it :D.. i don't have any pics but i have a vid of when my boy owned it .

banshee .... video by ron4938 - Photobucket

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice score.I wish I could find a shee for that price or even the right price in my area.Might have to get rid of some blaster parts soon to fund a shee project.lol Oh wait I still need to finish the hybrid project.lol Nice shee bro

thanks guys,uh i am not sure yet. i wanna get the blaster done or some what befori tear her down.but i am gonna get new plastics, paint the frame, i am thinking +2 axle and a arms, maybe freshen up the motor bore piston and rings, its pushing 150psi cold both cylinders i think thats a little low for 18cc domes?.

thanks guys,uh i am not sure yet. i wanna get the blaster done or some what befori tear her down.but i am gonna get new plastics, paint the frame, i am thinking +2 axle and a arms, maybe freshen up the motor bore piston and rings, its pushing 150psi cold both cylinders i think thats a little low for 18cc domes?.
thta will depend on the ex. port height.. the higher the port the more static compression loss.. less area between the top of the ex pot and the head. if the porting is set up correctly for the CPI pipes then 150 with an 18cc dome isn't far off. if youi have any banshee related question hit me up.. and if you decide to part with those CPIS (they aren't very trail friendly) lemme know as well been wanting a set for my duner setup..

yea ik plastics are alot i am gonna buy a frame and get some fullbore plastics.

yea drag porting and drag pipes arent the best for a trail quad lol. i may sell em and get some other pipes and have it reported or some thin..

Picture110.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture109.jpg
[/IMG]

Picture108-1.jpg
[/IMG]

well i traded off the shee, the lower connecting rod bearing went and trashed the head and cylinder so i just traded it off for a 400ex that runs. so the 400 prolly gonna get redone with some nice parts.