Painting ideas!!!!

TyBlast1123

May 28, 2011
New Jersey
Hey me and my friend want to paint his blaster but we dont feel like buying a paint gun to do it. is there any other ways to paint plastics correctly?

u need to use krylon fusion paint, there is a writeup on how to properly paint your plastics in the diy section, you should never paint plastics in any other way, krylon is the best

im not gonna lie i used some regualar 99 cent black paint on some old hotglued cut fronts and i held up great and looked decent but it had somewhat of a purple haze to it like pretty much all black rattle can

i herd you can paint plastics with car paint and a paint gun. i thought that was the best way but i guess krylon works just as well.

Thanks. is there any specific way to paint it with krylon?

prep your plastic by sanding out all the scratches and then take smooth grit sand paper( cn't remember the grit) and smooth it out so there are no visible gouges or large scratches, paint it up, do another coat if u can still see the other color, then give one coat of clear coat, you don't want too much cause the clear can cause it to crack if you use too much

I used the krylon once but it didnt hold up to the gas and oil mix that seems to be spilled alot when you are riding or filling your beast. I found some high heat engine enamel by rust-o-leum thats gas and oil resistant. Used that on my plastics and my metal parts... the plastics look shiny and great as well as they can be bent without any splintering of the paint. Prep with 100 grit sandpaper to get the big dings out. then followed with 220 and then to make it look supreme use 1000 grit or higher to buff a polish before you paint. (i painted a coat after 100 grit, 220 grit and 600 grit before sanding with the 1000. then painted again after the 1000 grit was used) car shine shiny is what you get.

Believe it or not but my plastics had rhino lining and blue paint on them when i got them, after peeling the rhino lining the paint was left all splintered and all. so alot of sand paper and many months of work. they are black and shiny

Before::::
blastermid-1-1.jpg

After::::::
IMG_0197.jpg

kyroln is pretty good stuff just hold it about 6-8 inches away and do it in bursts back and forth a few times. Just make shure the plastic is real clean cause if you use anything else it will bubble and look like sh*t. Then you gotta use carb and body cleaner to take it off and hope it dosent melt your plastic if you let it settle.

Beaster_blaster
Whisle that's some nice blaster and you put raptor 250 plastic on I'm guessing. Thars a good paint job best I've seen in a while

I used some Rustoleum plastic paint and It stays on just fine until it gets bent a little bit and starts to crack the paint.

hey beaster blaster your plastics look great man i might use your idea and if buy any chance could you pm me about how many cans of paint you used.