Our 04 Blaster Project

I don't think you are going to get 50 hp with even 240cc. Maybe on methanol or with nitrous but not on gas.

I think it will be pretty doable, i've seen pump fuel 240's with a +3mil stroke make 50hp easy. We are going to be putting this bike on VP110 and using the +4 mil stroke - that will put us at 249cc's and just barely under out 250cc limit. I think we are going to squeeze 60's out of her - all in all 50hp is the goal, should be reachable but if we exceed it like I hope - victory will be twice as sweet. Once it is all said and done, I will be happy to post dyno sheets.

I have never raced a Dyno. meaning I never really believe in them, too many variables. Its really what the motor does at the track that counts.

I bent my first blaster like that but on the other side and much worse. I'm surprised you didn't remove all the useless tabs and the oil injection tube guide. You would have dropped another pound of weight.

Sounds like a good build.

I think 50hp might be harder than you think. CT's 240cc ported and head mod max hp was 40 with matching pipe.
Thats just the kit you could buy i guess, so unsure on how much more it will stretch

I like the anodized green shee motor in your avatar picture

Thanks! Yeah we are definitely shooting for some good numbers. We will see where it leads. Meantime the swinger is from Fireball Racing +6 and the green shee cylinders are painted with acrylic urethane - matches the frame. They've been on a year and held up really well so far.

I don't think 50 hp is unattainable. Would be tough to get a trail bike to put out 50 usable horses but a 240 +4 with an oof pipe and oyster carb should get the job done. I do think 60hp would be tough, but you never know until you try.

What happened to this project? Did it ever go down the track? Still holding my breath waiting to see this dragger done. Lol

Wow, very sorry to have been so busy that I forgot to post anything in our own drag build thread. I will snag some pics and videos for you guys as the day progresses seeing as its snowing here in VA and the shop is slowing down for the day.

Most of these are early images, test and tune phases. The bike looks the same aside from the face that we mainly run Pro Wedge II's on the rear today and we run a wheelie bar most of the time as well. Should be seeing the dyno this year so we will see as far as power goes what we are making.