Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
let my buddy and co-worker scott ride my black bike during the week,
he's a streetbike dude and currently rides a gsxr hyabusa
scott.jpg

but it only took one blasty ride and he feel in love :)
IMG_20140701_143555204.jpg

( recognize that mudhole bronco ? )

today we picked him up this little gem,
told the guy it ran like poo and probably needed rebuilt, needed quite a few bolts, wiring harness routed correctly, new chain/sprockets and rollers, and back brakes didn't work.
we talked him down to only $400 :D:D:D

IMG_20140703_101828576.jpg

IMG_20140703_101839861.jpg

IMG_20140703_164203973.jpg

/\ gotta get him some heelgaurds ASAP !!!!!

here's why it ran like poo.....
a lawnmower plug that unthreaded by hand :eek::eek::eek:
plug.jpg

has 9" shee hubs & rims w/ very good holeshots, good front rubber, ASR bumper, K&N filter, a really nice 3 section gripper seat cover, DG silencer, moose bars/pad, oil injection delete, and now new chain/sprockets, used rollers i had, and tors disconnected.
the plastics are white under the spray bomb black and recently refinshed frame (possibly PC ?).
i didn't get a washed up pic, but it's looks and runs pretty damn good for only $400 :D

I also finally found a use for the sweet frame plugs from BlasterFun484 !
frame plugs.jpg

tried to talk him into comin to the dirty weekend but he has a few month old lil girl and couldn't pull off an all weekender. but he asked a few times "when can we go riding again" :)
i also told him to get his ass on here and learn more than i taught him today !

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasterFun484
NICE!

he stands a little rigid, at least after coming out of the hole. mention that to him

is that frame powdered or rattled?

NICE!

he stands a little rigid, at least after coming out of the hole. mention that to him

is that frame powdered or rattled?

he's got alot to learn yet, i had a talk with him during the ride about not looking down in front of him, to look forward at the terrain coming ahead of him, and today about shifting his weight on the pegs and getting his ass off the seat.

and not sure about the frame, rattle or PC ? if it's rattle.....it's a good job
i was in a hurry to get this thing ride ready for him on sunday w/ his buddies, and get all my stuff ready for the dirty weekend in the morning :)

Q: how long does it take a newbie to fry a blaster engine ?
A: 1 ride

he went riding with his buddies on friday and they took him on a highway to get back to their trucks,
thought it was cool he was smoking all the 4wd's, but he held it wide open for miles until she fried :eek:
i should change the title of this thread to "only took one ride"

apparently he forgot me telling him while riding my black bike......" DO NOT HOLD MY SHIZ WIDE OPEN FOR LONG PERIODS ". or thought that only applied to my blasters ?
i think i could hear tears hitting the floor as i explained what he did wrong and it is fried,

carnage pics coming soon

Last edited:
Reactions: motoman159
Q: how long does it take a newbie to fry a blaster engine ?
A: 1 ride

he went riding with his buddies on friday and they took him on a highway to get back to their trucks,
thought it was cool he was smoking all the 4wd's, but he held it wide open for miles until she fried :eek:
i should change the title of this thread to "only took one ride"

apparently he forgot me telling him while riding my black bike......" DO NOT HOLD MY SHIZ WIDE OPEN FOR LONG PERIODS ". or thought that only applied to my blasters ?
i think i could hear tears hitting the floor as i explained what he did wrong and it is fried,

carnage pics coming soon
Oh man! I'm sure it won't happen again. At least he'll learn how to do a top end? Are you going to do the bottom while you're there?

Oh man! I'm sure it won't happen again. At least he'll learn how to do a top end? Are you going to do the bottom while you're there?

Hopefully it doesn't need a crank too.
I can do them, but its not on my list of favorites

How long is too long of wot?

i can tell you the 5 mile stretch of highway i know he was on is way too long :(
i never hold mine wide open for more than 30-40 seconds max, can they do more ?
i'm not finding out.

well here's what i found today......

pretty sure the crank shouldn't stand on it's own like morning wood :eek:
the lower rod bearing is locked up just as it sits....i mean stands
scotty.jpg

the good news is the 67.5 piston looks good and specs out to .003 clearence
scotty2.jpg

scotty3.jpg

a rebuilt crank has been ordered from ken oconnor racing, along with main bearings, seals, gaskets ect.
i'll have him back on the trails within a week or so

Reactions: Herpderplol
Wow! the piston looks fine, he just looked up the lower rod bearing! Was he running mix or oil injection?

he was running yamalube @ 32:1 mix, oil injection was already deleted and cover/carb are both blocked off.
i made him buy the oil and ratio-rite cup when we got the chain/sprockets, and also used a sharpie to mark the 32:1 line for each gallon column on the cup.
he had to get that right as he rode for hours before the crank took a sh*t