OMI Products Greaseable Steering Stem Mount VS Stock!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Parts' started by 79 bronco, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Markblaster

Markblaster Custom blaster

You running a lowering kit in the rear? On the lower end of shock.

2. 79 bronco

79 bronco Moderator & Self Custom Psycho Staff Member

Custom metal fabricator
    Thats just the removable shock mount. Its set up for longer travel.

Markblaster likes this.
  3. BlasterFun484

BlasterFun484 Member

Owner of HPM , Owner of Kind Glass
    haha... was just trying to order some UPP Steering Stem bushings when I found they no longer sell them. Checked out this old post bc i was fascinated with Marks modifications to the OMI bushings. Than next thing you know I see a fresh Armadillo that caught my eye... because we all know I hoard pipes! This is such a great thread in so many ways. Mark, Id probly hit OMI back up with your mods and maybe they can redesign or add the bracing because thats a huge concern. Im sure UPP stopped production due to problems... my damn antivibes always get wear spots pretty badly most likely due to material friction (they use a polyurethane)

Markblaster likes this.
  4. DUALSTROKE

DUALSTROKE Giving away free clues Technician

Sorry I disagree but won't hurt your feelings to bad. I just bought another upp bushing the other day. That said they still sell them. This is my second one and there are no issues at all with them. I can see where mark thought there was but he is to a n a l retentative and just had to modd it for some reason. They fit perfect,install correctly and no reason to modd them. There is no HUGE concerns with that product. That said I'm sure upp didn't stop producing them cause of problems. I have been running anti vibe stems and bushings for 8 years and bushings are still fine. When you buy new parts and take care of them they will last.