Oil leak

Blasterjohny

Feb 6, 2020
East, Texas
My blaster is leaking between the split cases the bike runs good starts 1st or 2nd kick every time. Is it time for a rebuild or should try to tighten the cases? Any help is greatly appreciated!

My blaster is leaking between the split cases the bike runs good starts 1st or 2nd kick every time. Is it time for a rebuild or should try to tighten the cases? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Clean engine good and verify exactly were leak is first . before taking anything apart.

Reactions: Blasterjohny
HX2 on diagnosing first. Start by cleaning it real good. Wether it leaks or sitting, after some time dust the area with some kind of powder, flour baby powder etc. Wet spot will show up

I noticed today a few screws being loose on both sides of the cases. What's best to tighten those Phillip head screws down with a impact drill? Thank everyone!

Will doing a leak down test show the leaky area if I drain the oil?
No Transmission is separate from crank shaft area. Crank area only sees what runs thru your carb. Basically air and fuel/oil mixture.leakdown test would check crank and cylinder areas for air leaks. Clean it and check it .

Reactions: DirtyDiddy
I noticed today a few screws being loose on both sides of the cases. What's best to tighten those Phillip head screws down with a impact drill? Thank everyone!

Are they screws that hold case halves together? Or do they hold side covers? No any loose fastener must be tightened

The only time you need to drain oil for leak down test is if you have air coming out of vent tube. That means you have to pull clutch cover and check seal/collar/keyway

Found the oil leak it's coming from the counter sprocket seal. I did a leak down test anyway and its also leaking in two areas around the stator side cover with the rubber seal? Can I apply sealant around the rubber before putting it back on or just order a rubber gasket? Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Slydog
Found the oil leak it's coming from the counter sprocket seal. I did a leak down test anyway and its also leaking in two areas around the stator side cover with the rubber seal? Can I apply sealant around the rubber before putting it back on or just order a rubber gasket? Thanks everyone!
How much pressure are you using for you leakdown test?. 5 or 6psi is the normal test pressure. Any higher can create a. Leak . if it is leaking out stator cover that side crank seal is bad.

I got the crank seal in the mail today it came with a set of two. When I pull out old seals do the bearings require oil or packing grease before the new seal? Whats it take to do the right side crank seal? Thanks again