NW Illinois guy here close to Wisconsin

bman13

Dec 22, 2012
Hello neighbors!!

Am looking for a place to ride. I see a ton of trails up in Wisconsin all over the internet, but am looking for a place to take my kids. They've got 50's and I want to ride around in a ATV park or something. Small track would be cool for them. But trails and woods and stuff like that would be fun. I know we have a place in Rockford but I want to check out what Wisc has. I'm about 30 minutes South of Lake Geneva if that gives you a general idea. Willing to drive 2 to 3 hours. Want to keep it in the Southern part of Wisconsin.

Is that Richard Bong park just trails or is there open land to play on?

Thanks in advance,

Bman13

I know there's Dyracuse Mound near Rome, WI. But that's probably a lil bit out of your range. Also if you're going to be riding WI trails I believe you'll need to have your quad registered and have taken the Wisconsin safety class.

When I was up there visiting my folks a couple years ago I brought the Blaster and got stopped by the DNR. Racked up over $1000 in fines real quick (didn't have my quad registered, didn't take the safety course, didn't have a spark arrestor, didn't have an operational headlight or brake light). Ignorance and a good war story got me off with a $160 fine for not having a spark arrestor.

Here's some more info:
ATV/UTV Riding in Wisconsin
Wisconsin ATV Trails
Wisconsin ATV Trails and Trail Maps

Hope it helps.

thx for the heads up. I was reading about the rules out there in WI. Can def take care of all those prior to riding. No matter what rules/laws they have it can't be worse than Illinois. I don't know what keeps me in this state..but that's a whole other topic..lol