Not sure... bad stator

bkg479

Mar 2, 2008
What would this be... I can kick my quad it turns over for like 2-3 seconds and it wants to turn on, it fires like it is going to, but sounds like it is out of gas. If I push start it it will fire but when I give it gas it sounds like it is dieing and doesnt want to stay on, but as long as I am rolling down the hill it will kinda rev, but not turn fully on. I checked the gas, it is flowing good, I checked the Carb, and tried a spare, they both did nothing. This only started happing after i unpluged 2 wires from the stator casue I left my quad outside and didnt want someone to steal it, than I plugged them back in and had this problem.

are you sure you put the wires back correctly. i know its sounds simple but it could be the problem. and, do you have the TORS hooked up still?

TORS IS completely removed, and the wires coming out of the stator are color coated, so it shouldn't have been anything serious, + I have swapped the motors in this quad a few times, so i am fairly familiar with the setup.

you change the spark plug? take her out and see if its geting GOOD spark. it may have spark, but it may be fouled and not firing right. same thing happened to me, sounds familiar and that was the problem.

I tookk the spark plug out put it on the wire, and put it on the block, and it got spark. I dont remeber 100% but I did maybe kick it over once before I plugged the wires back in, could that have shorted somthin.

its the stator mine did all of the above and it gets worse then she blows! then you gota get a new one :(

i was only gonna be gone for like 20 min, I just didnt want someone to kick start it and drive away, no one was going to roll it and put it on a trailer, but thats besides the point, why would a stator go bad from unhooking 2 wires and re hooking them.