Nology coil and plug wire help

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
So I finally installed a Nology plug wire and coil. But when I kicked the blasty for the first time after the install, the idle was ridiculously high. I turned down the idle on the PJ34 carb but it still stays high. After I ride for a little while though, the idle goes back down to about normal. It even seems like it has less power now that I installed the plug wire and coil. I had it jetted almost perfect before hand. I guess it's a jetting change but I'm not sure where to start. It didn't run like this before. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Is this normal? Where do I need to start to get the low end power back to where it was before? Thanks in advance. My whole setup is in my sig.

might need to add some fuel. shouldnt make a huge difference, unless you were boarderline lean before.

I'll try redoing the ground off the plug wire to the head today and I'll bump up the pilot jet and main jet one or 2 sizes today. I'll post back results. Thanks

You shoudnt have to mess with jetting when you install the nology setup.Make sure the plug boot connection you made up is good and a good place for the ground is to drill and tap one of the cylinder head fins.How did you make up the plug boot connection? Did you cut any length off of the wire?

I didn't cut anything off the plug wire. The boot was already crimped on when I took it out of the box. Maybe I should have cut some back? Maybe it's too long?

Here are the part numbers I ordered from (believe it or not) Amazon:
Wire kit-# 012 001 036

Plug Number-#150 141 060

SlickerThanYou had posted the part numbers in a different thread here: http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/nology-hotwire-coil-40370/

When you bought that setup the hot wires comes with only one end crimped on. The other end that needs crimping the boot comes packaged with the coil and you need to make that connection up.Been that way with the 5 I have boughten and installed.I know slick had to do the same. The nology plug I do not run,I would Just run your plug of choice for now but I prefer a b8eg. The wire kit part # is correct.The coil should be a pfc-03s. Toss that plug and run your b8es and see what happens.

You can cut some off but you need to be creful and not cut too much off.It will be ruined if you cut it to short. I don't cut anything off of mine.

yeah /\ i cut a few inches off, which leaves it kinda long for my likings, but with the length of the barrel connector supplied, it has to be left longer to fanagle around and reach the plug

illmxj.jpg

nology wires are available in a bunch of colors. i doubt you have a wire that will not work. i have been nolgy last 10 years. never had a problem with them. i know alot of people who use nology coils and wires and have never had a problem either. i would bet that you have another issue. i would look over everything else on the machine as long as you are possitive the coil is done right.

Think I might have figured it out. The pilot jet was right to begin with (I think its a 68) so I had to adjust the throttle cable at the end so it would idle. With the hotter spark, it was idling higher. So, I loosened the cable back up to where it I supposed to be and the high idle went away. Now I have to figure out the pilot jet to get it to idle right. I checked fo air leaks with starting fluid sprayed all overhead place and there are none. I lost my leak tester I got from the member on here (I forget who, sorry) =(. Anyway, once I get the pilot down where it should be, i'll post back.

having the idle adjusted with the cable is a bad thing. a 68 pilot is huge, i have never had to run over a 58 in anything. sounds like you are on the right track.