No clue but maybe you do

Nov 25, 2017
New Jersey
Ok so let me start at bike kicks, it runs tits(how it should) except lmfao always a f*cking except why I’m here except I’ll be punching her 1st, 2nd & 3rd fear seems fine no big even at WOT. As soon as I click to forth not all the time some def 5th tho it gives a bogg and then she kicks back in like hey I’m still alive so if I go a gear up Boggs to a slow death then click down 2 and right back if you can catch it.
Now this all being said I did remove the tores but yet have had the carb idle screw installed so that might be the cause to all of my problems. We have done the leak down test and all the other precautionary measures to ensure the bike is not gonna blow up. I’m going to say that is my problem but I’d like to know if anyone else can let me know what they think. Gonna take spark plug off look at the color since I know fresh rebuilds tend to Gunk the sparks up a lot. Any help is great thank you.

Have you done heat cycles and a re torque of the head and cylinder nuts.

Did you set the idle as follows..

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pi;]lot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small

Have you done heat cycles and a re torque of the head and cylinder nuts.

Did you set the idle as follows..

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pi;]lot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small
Honestly no we haven’t touched the carb other the ln the tores. All other stuff retighten topend and heat cycles yes.
My assumption to my problems are most likely inside that mother since I haven’t installed the carb screw to make the carb be able to breath got to drill it out and install that screw. So yeah I’m almost positive it’s that. Lose/ not enough of air and more fuel. We will we see and thank you for quick response

Retorque cylinder and head nuts?
If you list ALL mods, air filter, jetting in carb someone will let you know if you are close.

A lean bogg sounds flat. And may also sound rattling (knock, ping) may even backfire.

A rich bogg will blubber, drowning in fuel.

If you list ALL mods, air filter, jetting in carb someone will let you know if you are close.

A lean bogg sounds flat. And may also sound rattling (knock, ping) may even backfire.

Def drowning sound, but I am fresh out of surgery bicep and cuff, need time to heal or my friend can do this who is installing the screw in a few days. I’ll let you know what’s going on

As for mods the bikes literally stock, I don’t wanna invest much this season on mods to quicken her up really mostly it’s for my mother and sister and whoever else is New or can’t afford a bike so stock is safer for then I enjoy riding her just to know I have a quad. But I still love this baby like I love my three dirt bikes if not more so I do my work to keep it fresh as we all do who love the best quad ever made had one in 2000 and came back to her 18 years later. I am buying a whole new front end AArms and all from a forum member so that’s about the most I wanna do cause it really needs it. I don’t care if I f*ck myself up but my mother and sister I’d feel horrible and next season or when I have the cash to upgrade her more I’ll do so but stock she remains I just want her properly running right. That’s it for now. So most mod I have is the Uni double filter lmfao. Since buying the quad I haven’t cracked the carb open but again it will be getting the tores elimination screw installed since that’s the most I done is remove that tores. Idk what else everything is stock lol

Even though an air filter may not seem like much, it adds one jet size.
Read up on plug chop, carb cleaning, float level.
Either get a Clymers Repair manual or find the PDF.