Niche Industries Top End Kit

The oil injection is not blocked off and i have about a half gallon of 40:1 in the tank. Could I just fill the oil tank and run it for a min then fill up with unmixed gas? I am not used to working with oil injection or 2 strokes in general.

If you are going the oil injection route make sure the 2 stroke oil you use says for oil injection and not for pre mix. Some oils are for both and some are for one or the other. It will say it on the bottle.

I have driven the blaster a little bit and it runs. Usually starts first kick but something sounds a little off about it. It doesn't seem loud enough to be piston slap. It drives fine though in comparison to the other stock boasters I have ridden.

I started the blaster again today and the top end is making a bad grinding/squeeking sound. I emailed the seller and am going to attempt to return it. It really kinda sucks because the quad is actually looking pretty good.

I started the blaster again today and the top end is making a bad grinding/squeeking sound. I emailed the seller and am going to attempt to return it. It really kinda sucks because the quad is actually looking pretty good.
no offense, but what did we tell you about this top end?

and you think they will take a return?

Sorry I for the delayed response. I did get a full refund for the parts. It took awhile to respond but they gave me my money back and I do not have to send the parts back.

So this thread should be renamed the crappy cylinder head thread. I ordered another kit from parts ace. The cylinder is in much better shape than the last one I ordered. Some of the ports are camfered frm the factory but not well enough. The warranty on this one also sucks. But I thought since I was lucky enough to get my money back I would try this one. It will be installed in the next few days so I will leave a review on this thread. Don't judge me for being cheap

Very interested Ken, I would even chip in a few dollars to have it appraised by someone like you, as you call a spade a spade!

Reactions: Devo
Is this the kit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YAMAHA-BLASTER-200-YFS200-CYLINDER-PISTON-GASKET-AIR-FILTER-TOP-END-KIT-SET-/181710298214?fits=Model:Blaster+200&hash=item2a4ec71c66&vxp=mtr

I'm willing to buy one and evaluate it, measure it, and inspect all of the parts. I'll take pictures and report back here. Anyone interested?

Ha that is the kit. This one is not a Niche Industries cylinder, or at least it is not labeled. And I did not spring for the extra air filter. Seemed kinda pointless. But the base gasket is all metal and the reed gasket seemed very thin. I would be curious to see what what an expert has to say about them.

Any ideas what I should do with it after it's inspected? I could report that the cylinder is made out of old news paper and some people will still buy them. I hate to just throw it away when I'm done with it.

I honestly do not think it would be that bad to run. I just don't see them lasting as long. I'm sure it's just cheaper aluminum. And my review is not very reliable because I just discovered that my lower connecting rod bearing is bad.

I honestly do not think it would be that bad to run. I just don't see them lasting as long. I'm sure it's just cheaper aluminum.
The cyl sleeve is steel/iron, would have to bee really piss poor not to last as long. Now the piston might be another story.

Biggest thing would be quality control, improper clearances. Casting flaws and chamfering is easy enough to deal with. If a person were in need of a cyl, IMO, would be get one bare (cyl only) and buy a quality piston and other pieces.

The cyl sleeve is steel/iron, would have to bee really piss poor not to last as long. Now the piston might be another story.

Biggest thing would be quality control, improper clearances. Casting flaws and chamfering is easy enough to deal with. If a person were in need of a cyl, IMO, would be get one bare (cyl only) and buy a quality piston and other pieces.

I'm thinking the same thing but the price is high if you buy the kit just for the cylinder. You can still get OEM cylinders pretty inexpensive. I'm curious about the port timing vs the stock cylinder.

Build it (cheap crap ) and they will come !
There are certain cases that aftermarket pieces are good . However you will spend more money since the cost per unit is high. OEM manufactures have to keep parts very close to blueprints in order to help avoid tolerance stacking , but cheap CHINA CRAP does not !

Reactions: OConnor Racing