newby needs carb rebuild kit

moondoggy

Apr 19, 2020
New Mexico
Hey people and non-people. Newby to this website. I'm working on a little quad and need a lead. Its an older 200 Yamaha, I don't know if its a Banshee or Blaster, but I need a rebuild kit for the carb. It has been beat and bruised by a young one, but still is a great machine. Fuel is coming out the overflow so I would like to rebuild the carb. It is the one with the big piece on top for the oil injection.
Please ol'Mighty One, led me to a rebuild kit...…Thanks, Moondoggy…...

Hey people and non-people. Newby to this website. I'm working on a little quad and need a lead. Its an older 200 Yamaha, I don't know if its a Banshee or Blaster, but I need a rebuild kit for the carb. It has been beat and bruised by a young one, but still is a great machine. Fuel is coming out the overflow so I would like to rebuild the carb. It is the one with the big piece on top for the oil injection.
Here's alittle more info. The headlite is on the handlebars, disc brake on back, drums on front, on the cylinder is "2xj00" and "195 cm". After alittle research I believe the Banshee is a 350 and the Blaster is the 200. The carb rebuilt kits I've seen, some have the float needle that is big with a ball like thing on the end and the other one's are the smaller triangle type with the rubber on the end. Are they interchangeable or are they for different makes of carbs? Any info will be appreciated....Thanks in advance, Moondog

Here's alittle more info. The headlite is on the handlebars, disc brake on back, drums on front, on the cylinder is "2xj00" and "195 cm". After alittle research I believe the Banshee is a 350 and the Blaster is the 200. The carb rebuilt kits I've seen, some have the float needle that is big with a ball like thing on the end and the other one's are the smaller triangle type with the rubber on the end. Are they interchangeable or are they for different makes of carbs? Any info will be appreciated....Thanks in advance, Moondog

Might just need a good cleaning. Jets can be cleaned. Float seat can be cleaned with. Aluminum polish or toothpaste. Put on the end of a q-tip and spun in brass seat till clean all the way around.then clean and blow thru all holes and jets with carb cleaner or brake cleaner. I would try that first. Most of the parts in the kits you don't need or use. Kits can be found on rockymountainatvmc. Vitos performance. And others. But ussualy not nessasary

Only use genuine parts. Jetrus and others will carry anything you possibly need for your carb. All genuine carb parts. If parts are needed