BW73

Feb 11, 2019
Pennsylvania.
can someone recommend a good wet clutch oil to use? Also I’m kind of new to anything with a clutch. The four wheelers Ive had in the past were automatic polaris’s. Do you need to pull the clutch lever when you down shift? Thanks peace!

Any 10-30 SM or less rated non high mileage/friction modifier, any motorcycle/ATV oil that says wet clutch compatible, Bell Ray gear saver, ATF type F. I've been using Shell Rotella T5

can someone recommend a good wet clutch oil to use? Also I’m kind of new to anything with a clutch. The four wheelers Ive had in the past were automatic polaris’s. Do you need to pull the clutch lever when you down shift? Thanks peace!
Its a good idea to use clutch shifting up or down.

You can shift without the clutch, BUT you have to let off the throttle a bit to take pressure off the gear dogs. If you had a pro-mod type trans you can upshift full throttle with no clutch.

Do you need to pull the clutch lever when you down shift?
I use the clutch for up-shifting and downshifting. Since our clutches and gears are constantly lubricated, you can shift without it, BUT as Larry said, you MUST let go of the throttle in order to shift.
Personally, I'd rather not put any extra stress on the gears since I typically beat my machines hard. Pennsylvania woods are very unforgiving.

As for oil, I just get the cheapest 10w30 oil I can run in the quad and just change it frequently. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from it, but I've noticed no long-term issues with using a Semi-Synthetic Yamalube vs. some cheap oil from Walmart.