new to blasters- airbox lid question...

blastergonz

Aug 12, 2010
what difference does it make when the airbox lid isn't on? i've seen alot of people with their mods saying the airbox lid is off.... what does this do? i'm sure i'll have many other questions. lol. in fear of sounding stupid.

what difference does it make when the airbox lid isn't on? i've seen alot of people with their mods saying the airbox lid is off.... what does this do? i'm sure i'll have many other questions. lol. in fear of sounding stupid.

it lets a ton more air into the engine with equates to more power. but you need to bump your main jet up a good 3 sizes if you take it off. i also like the low rumble sound it makes with it off.

yuppers , what ^^^^^^ those guys said , I don't even have a airbox , just a uni pod filter with a velocity stack , and I run a 290 main .

hey guys, not sure if the correct thread but i have an issue i would appreciate some input on......recently installed a full fmf pipe (fatty and power core 2), rejetted to a 260...the bike starts great but in half choke will idle lovely for about 30 secs to a min but then start to die.....at which point i turn choke off an gently rev till shes warmed up. sometimes it takes a good blast before she'll idle on her own with choke fully off? also i removed the airbox lid as FMFs website suggests......bike sounds amazin but bogs down in higher revs in higher gears....i thought a 260 would be sufficient to remove the airbox lid and add some more power....whereas im havin the opposite effect? anybody else had this problem? cheers in advance!I:I

based on previous research and the recommendation of FMFs website it seemed a 260 was the way to go.....bike runs great with airbox lid on but jus thot that as its rejetted it should handle no lid no problem but clearly not....im not bothered about leavin it on but jus dont understand why it doesnt improve power when technically it should help performance and every1 else runnin the same set up or smaller jets can do it no problem with noticable power gains.....2 strokes eh...just as well their worth it!;)

I have a 2004 blaster, I have a wiseco prolite piston, and force 4 reeds, if I take off the airbox lid, what size main jet should I have

I know this is an old thread but I searched and found it.

Is there anything to be gained by removing the airbox lid with the STOCK PIPE?