New Tires

IMO you cannot stretch a 8 onto a 9 inch rim. Have heard good reviews on Artrax tires.
My suggestion would be get Banshee, Raptor, Warrior, YFZ hubs and simular stock wheels (9"), far greater selection of tires for 9" rims than 8 or 10s.
thanks for clearing that up, ive never attempted it but read somewhere it had been done...

Ok, update time:
So, I went out to compare the 18s vs a pair of 20 rears. 18s were fun in the enduro trail ( mixed hard and soft sand, rocks, jumps)
Lots of sideways!
But, I found myself changing gears much more...
I then went to the MX track, where it was fun, until I got stuck on a very steep hill... sand and gravel got wedged into the chain and caused the wheels to lock. Could not even move it in neutral. The chain was so tight it was making a squeeking noise when attempting to move the bike.
After a lot of wiggeling I eventually it a bit free. Started, and rode it off, slowly.
When I got back to the pits, everything was normal and the chain slack as it should be. This lead me to believe the gravel got stuck between the sprocket and chain, causing the lockup.

Sooo, 18's on a blaster suck. Its my secont time caught in sand. ( too little ground clearance and too much wheespin)

The only positive of the day with the 18s was that my jumps were MUCH better. Landing was almost perfect everytime vs batteling to keep my nose diving...
Is that just me getting better at jumps ot the smaller rears???
20s for next time, and will try the jumps again.

Reactions: Awk08
Sooo, 18's on a blaster suck. Its my secont time caught in sand. ( too little ground clearance and too much wheespin)

The only positive of the day with the 18s was that my jumps were MUCH better. Landing was almost perfect everytime vs batteling to keep my nose diving...
Is that just me getting better at jumps ot the smaller rears???
20s for next time, and will try the jumps again.

20's for all around riding !

stay on the gas when taking off from the jump, keeps the nose up
letting off on the face off the jump will cause it to nosedive
blip the throttle in the air to bring the nose up, hit the rear brakes to drop the nose.
practice makes perfect :)

jumping basics:
http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/Me2/di...=&tier=3&nid=0A4EA69DD9CF46B3BFBD86C1D632042A

Yeah, i figured that out. Had no clue how to jump before, tried and the results were horrible (nosedive nosedive nosedive).
After asking around, i got the idea of blipping the throttle to get the nose up. I don't think of doing it, it just happens now "probably in the back of my mind now, and i just do it without thinking".
It probably is just coincidence that i notice my jumping is better with the smaller wheels, as logic tells me, the bigger the wheel, the more inertia to raise the front.
Anyway, will check it out next time again.