New Tires

Feb 6, 2014
Florida
Hey guys

I have been looking for some new tires. I found some nice 21x7x10 fronts that are 6 ply I was going to buy they are made by greenball anyone heard of these? I am also looking for rear but have noticed all the rear tires seem to be 2 ply. Is this normal for a rear tire? I was also thinking of going 18x10x8. What do you guys think of that for a read I do mostly trail riding.

Thanks in advance

I suggest the 21's...
I have a set of almost new 18's that I got with the bike, had some issues in sand, so I put on the 21's (that I also got with it), problem is the 21's are virtually smooth already...
Im going out this weekend to a nice mixed trail, with very soft sand, want to try the 18s again and compare the two on the same trail.

Mmm, not sure if they are 21 or 22 now...

If trails would probably avoid the 18 inch rear unless they are somewhat prepped trails. 18's are your typical MX or prepped trail tires (GNCC racing). Also with 21 inch fronts gives you a funky stance.

20" up front with 18" rears
22" up front with 20" rears

If you go with 21-22 in the rear, you have rubbing problems, and acceleration problems (just slower) with stock gearing.

If your trails are good, run the 18s. But if they have dips where the tires go, you will need more clearance.

20" up front with 18" rears
22" up front with 20" rears

If you go with 21-22 in the rear, you have rubbing problems, and acceleration problems (just slower) with stock gearing.

If your trails are good, run the 18s. But if they have dips where the tires go, you will need more clearance.

Ok think I am going to go 22 front 20 rear. Is 2ply normal for a rear?

I think that sounds small.... But looking at some tires, its normal i guess

If you found 21" tires for the front you like, you could run those just fine also.

I think that sounds small.... But looking at some tires, its normal i guess

If you found 21" tires for the front you like, you could run those just fine also.

I did find some 21 4 ply fronts for cheap and they look nice. Was going to try them I want to order as a package all 4. Just did not know if 2 ply is normal for a rear tire.

2 ply is as thin as it gets for a rear tire. You want more ply. Atleast 4 ply but 6 ply will last longer and have good side wall strength.

We ran these before we got sponsorship from Duro. They were a great tire for the price. They are 4 ply. Agree with Herpderpol if you run 21 or 22 rears you better have heel guards as the tire will be right on them. If no heel guards good chance at an injury in you future. Need to say you should always have heel guards but 21's or 22's will put that tire right on your heel.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/Artrax-MXT-Rear-ATV-Tire-20x119

We ran these before we got sponsorship from Duro. They were a great tire for the price. They are 4 ply. Agree with Herpderpol if you run 21 or 22 rears you better have heel guards as the tire will be right on them. If no heel guards good chance at an injury in you future. Need to say you should always have heel guards but 21's or 22's will put that tire right on your heel.

http://www.motosport.com/atv/Artrax-MXT-Rear-ATV-Tire-20x119

Will a 22x11x9 or 22x11x10 rear fit the stock rim?

I think stock is 21x10x8. You would need to measure your rim focusing on rim diameter.

Attachments

• ATV tire dimension.jpg
    ATV tire dimension.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 288
I run itp holeshots in the trails around my place, i havent ran into any problems, if i had the choice i would go 21's though.

IMO you cannot stretch a 8 onto a 9 inch rim. Have heard good reviews on Artrax tires.
My suggestion would be get Banshee, Raptor, Warrior, YFZ hubs and simular stock wheels (9"), far greater selection of tires for 9" rims than 8 or 10s.