New tires or something else?

jbuckster07

Mar 20, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Now I probably know the answer to this question I just want to have someone else's opinions. I'm looking into getting something new for the blaster, but funds are very limited. So I'm trying to decide to go for new tires or and extended swing arm or a +3 stroker. I'm on stock balloons right now.

My first thought is to go for some new tires, but trying to stay around the $250 range for all for is proving a little difficult.

On the other hand I could get a +4 swinger for that same price. Now my reasoning on +4 is I'm a bigger guy, 6'-1" and pushing the 300 lb mark lol. So with that much weight I'm sure I could get traction even on balloons. I have read countless threads about people liking the +2 swinger more than the longer one. But since my bike is not crazy built and not planning to build it any time soon since funds for toys are scarce, the +4 might be perfect.

Now the other option is to build the motor up a little bit, send my head to Ken and get a +3 stroker in there. Should be enough of a bump in performance that might get me to set funds aside for the other 2 items on this list.

Current bike mods: FMF Fatty, Powercore 2, +4 timing, DIY porting job, front and rear hydros.

Shoot me over some Opinions here. Im trying to stay under the $300 range so let me know.

no sense for performance if you can't put it to the ground with bald tires, stockers are only 2 ply and sure to get a flat sooner or later.

no need for + swinger to keep front end down, without more power

your engine runs and swinger isn't cracked ?

tires are the only of your options that may keep you from riding
check prices on the tech 4's, might be able to get all 4 for the $ you have ?

I got my 20" tech4s on 9" rolled lip banshee rims for exactly $250. thats sealed with slime and shipped to my door in 3 days
then all i had to do was get shee/yfz hubs

Reactions: 82cutty
Yeah I knew Tires were going to be the best option the whole time, I honestly just needed others opinions lol. Thanks! Has anyone ever tried these Artrax MXT? aFor only $50 cant be that bad of a deal can they? Same branded Fronts for only $40

Were it me, I would be looking for Banshee, Warrior, Raptor, YFZ450 tires and wheels on CL. & Rear hubs off of any of those models. Greater tire choice for 9" rear rims (later on) and any of the front rims from those will bolt right up. My son got 4 Banshee rims&tires for $120, barely used, guy didn't like the gold rims :confused:

Were it me, I would be looking for Banshee, Warrior, Raptor, YFZ450 tires and wheels on CL. & Rear hubs off of any of those models. Greater tire choice for 9" rear rims (later on) and any of the front rims from those will bolt right up. My son got 4 Banshee rims&tires for $120, barely used, guy didn't like the gold rims :confused:
Gold rims are awesome! I love mine.

Look up sedona bazooka tires on motorcycle superstore, your not going to find a 4/ply x tread tire much cheaper. They hold up well too, and you can get them in 20x11x8" also.