new swingarm and 250r shock mounted up

98blaster+4

Oct 12, 2008
vermont
heres a few pics of the new swingarm and shock i got from jon s .
3586ix2.jpg

nyb2n9.jpg

34hhrnc.jpg

2i7mrdv.jpg

just have to tighten up the slack in the chain and it will be ready to grip it and rip it!

and the speed tape on the shock resevoir is only to hold it till i get back to zip tie it or band clamp it up, every tool imaginable but not one zip tie at my gramps house.

and i think if i get a 13 tooth sprocket on it , it will take up the slack quite well, the 14 tooth was just a hair too short and this 12 tooth is just a hair too long. but the 12 tooth front works great for hillclimbs up here.

currently 104, but i would have cut it to 105 for the 14 tooth front sprocket. but im gonna be getting a sprocket set soon. gonna go with a 13 front .

Looks good. I had the mount moved back 1". The shock is actually from an ATC so I believe it was a little longer than TRX rear. The reason I moved the mount is so it wouldn't sit so high in the rear. Works very well together though. Soaked up the bumps quite nicely.

Also, you will find that a 104 link is just right. The 14 tooth on the front will be a tight fit, but when the chain starts stretching it'll be fine. I actually ran a 106 link and then ended up taking out 2 links. My gearing was 14/40 as well.

@ nick....you're gonna luv this set-up with that shock,

and same here...i had to move the shock mount back about 1" to have it sit right with the same longer 250r shock and +4 on my sons black blaster

yeah im gonna rock the 12 tooth till it stretches a bit then ut the 14 back on.
and my gearing is currently 12 41, so i think thats where the too tight factor comes in for me with the 14 front