New reeds and removed tors now won’t start

jbblaster3

Sep 29, 2018
Indiana
I just put vforce 4 reeds a new unit filter and took carb off to clean and rejet plus a new spark plug and now it won’t start up. It always fired up on 1st or 2nd kick. I’ve never had a problem starting and now it just kicks and kicks but won’t turn over. I’m gettin spark bc I touched it to metal and made sure, the tors wires were already spliced together from previous owner so all I did was remove the tors system and replace the cap and cable. Any ideas on what could be going on... HELPPP???

Did you put the carb back together right? If it's getting spark it has to be fuel or air related and you said you rebuilt the carb.

Wasn’t sure if possibly could be compression or wiring somewhere.. the only wires I had to mess with was unplugging the tors system off the carb and snipped the wires at the throttle cable and pulled that sensor or clip out..

Last edited:
Wasn’t sure if possibly could be compression or wiring somewhere.. the only wires I had to mess with was unplugging the tors system off the carb and snipped the wires at the throttle cable and pulled that sensor or clip out..

If you have pre 03, unplug the brain under the hood. Three wires.
If 03-06 you have to cut and splice two wire at CDI box. Search for the thread.

Did you splice both sets of wires together? The ones under the hood and the ones under the seat. Also make sure they are spliced on ecu side.

Did you splice both sets of wires together? The ones under the hood and the ones under the seat. Also make sure they are spliced on ecu side.

It was already spliced together at the ecu side I just unplugged it under the seat and remove the tors system off the carb so I could replace it with cable and cap

I have a pre 03, it's as simple as unplugging the brain.

No knowledge of 03+.

Ok yeah I have tors all removed and new cap and cable in with new airstreams I’ve got the wires snipped at the throttle and I’ve got the 2 wires spliced together coming out of the ecu and I have just the plug under the seat hanging lose.. some say to splice those together also. Is that necessary bc that link didn’t mention splicing wires under the seat just the ecu side right???!