new rear tyres

killerke

Oct 2, 2014
flanders, belgium
20160530_172213.jpg
hello everyone

i picked up some new tyres for my rear rims. 18/11 - 8 but when i went for a ride i noticed my blaster doesn't go as fast as before, so i whent back home. Would it make a difference if i installed a 44 teeth rear sprocket? In the front i have 14 teeth

best regards

If your tyre size is different/smaller than before you will have picked up acceleration but lost on the top end. You could make sprocket changes to adjust this but remember when changing sprockets, to change them in pairs and with new chain.

i'm a little lost here, according to the gearing calculator on this forum, i have to install a smaller gear at the rear for getting a higher top speed. so would it be a good idea to install a 36 teeth sprocket?

i'm a little lost here, according to the gearing calculator on this forum, i have to install a smaller gear at the rear for getting a higher top speed. so would it be a good idea to install a 36 teeth sprocket?
What do you have now? Although I have found nothing in the Clymers Repair Manual about it, it is recommended to replace both sprockets and chain as a set. I have replaced just the rear aluminum sprocket on dirt bikes.
We're it me I would change the front sprocket. Cheaper and easier. Look at the calculator again and see if it lists front sprocket change. One tooth on the front is approximately equal to three on the rear.

Now i have 14 in the front and 40 at the rear. Yesterday i ordered a 38 for the rear and a 15 for the front. Also a new chain

Would this be a good set up?