New Quad YFZ 450

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
I wasn't planning on getting a new quad anytime soon but this deal came up and I couldn't say no. This older man was selling his kids 06 yfz oil mod done and a fresh rebuild for 2500 and when we went to see it it wouldn't start so I got him down to 1800. Turns out it had bad gas. Only thing I have to buy is a grab bar and a few bushings! Now I just need to get that dam bog off idle fixed.
photo-2.jpg

Haha thanks guys once it's running better ill post a vid. But yeah like one day I was on craigspro on my iPod and I found the quad but it was like three hours away but it was well worth the trip. My blaster can't touch it lol. I do kinda miss my blaster but it was becoming too much of a money pit tryin to make it as strong as a 450. Imy favorite part of the quad so far has got to be the suspension and the low end snap. I just went riding with it and I was the only one not passed out in the truck from fatigue and not to mention the only one to not get stuck haha. Bottom line is it is an amazing quad and I'm glad I went with it over a 400

Haha thanks guys once it's running better ill post a vid. But yeah like one day I was on craigspro on my iPod and I found the quad but it was like three hours away but it was well worth the trip. My blaster can't touch it lol. I do kinda miss my blaster but it was becoming too much of a money pit tryin to make it as strong as a 450. Imy favorite part of the quad so far has got to be the suspension and the low end snap. I just went riding with it and I was the only one not passed out in the truck from fatigue and not to mention the only one to not get stuck haha. Bottom line is it is an amazing quad and I'm glad I went with it over a 400

lmao...a blaster is too much of a money pit???...wait till u have to do a top end on that 450...youll wish u were paying for a blastys top end when ur done

Get on YFZ Central. It's called the zip ty mod. No idea what it is but have seen it mentioned lots. Also think there is some kind of spring mod in carb for accelerator pump, or maybe that's for warrior. OOOOps.

Get on YFZ Central. It's called the zip ty mod. No idea what it is but have seen it mentioned lots. Also think there is some kind of spring mod in carb for accelerator pump, or maybe that's for warrior. OOOOps.

Salm yfzcentral im on there also lol.

lmao...a blaster is too much of a money pit???...wait till u have to do a top end on that 450...youll wish u were paying for a blastys top end when ur done

Yeah I have seen how expensive a rebuild is haha I probably should have worded it differently. When I sold my blaster it had a whole lot of problems that I was just sick of fixing and go figure I was always breaking the most expensive stuff like cracking the frame and swingers and the top end was almost toast. Not to worry though I'm still a 2 stroke man pretty soon I'll have another blaster in the garage as a bike for my dad

Thanks for the tip on the yfz forum I just joined and now am officially yfzman247

Nice YFZ, dude!

The zip-tie mod, the o-ring mod and the safety-wire mod are all the same thing. Do a search on utube for zip-tie mod and you'll see how easy it is to do. You'll need a torx bit to remove the cover & TPS (which you can find at harbor frieght etc).

You should probably pull that carb off, clean it and figure out what jets you've got in it. Your leak-jet (aka exhaust jet) should be a .35 for best throttle response.

Good luck!