"New Plastic Restoration Kit"

Nov 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
Aright so I've been reading a lot of ideas and techniques on how to restore the plastics on our blasters ( or other atvs ) so I wanted to share this product with everyone. It's a kit called New Plastic Restoration Kit by Novus, and it comes with 3 different products : Plastic clean and shine NO. 1, Fine scratch remover NO. 2, and Medium scratch remover NO. 3. This product also works on chrome and plastic housing on electronics, and comes with step by step instructions as well as a polishing cloth. The seller claims that 98% of their customers are pleased with the results. I have not used this product myself ( yet ) but I definately plan on trying it on my blaster in the near future. I will post back my personal results as soon as I try it, and anyway else that has used this product or uses this product in the future should do the same. I hope this helps some people out and you enjoy the results !

mmm waste of money IMHO. I have just just decreasing grades of waterpaper, starting at 120, moving to 180, 220, 400, 600, 800, 1200 and maybe even 2000 grit, this gets rid of most scrathes but for the deeper ones use a carpet knife blade to scratch them out.

Once you have done all that, find yourself a heat gun and blast it methodically untill the plastic gets a wettish look then move one.

Once you have that done, get some furniture polish (oil not spray) and wipe it over the plastics. viola

mmm waste of money IMHO. I have just just decreasing grades of waterpaper, starting at 120, moving to 180, 220, 400, 600, 800, 1200 and maybe even 2000 grit, this gets rid of most scrathes but for the deeper ones use a carpet knife blade to scratch them out.

Once you have done all that, find yourself a heat gun and blast it methodically untill the plastic gets a wettish look then move one.

Once you have that done, get some furniture polish (oil not spray) and wipe it over the plastics. viola

That's some good input for the non lazy people . That product may be good for people that don't want to do all that work to clean there plastics.

I hear you bro, your probably right about that stuff but I'm always willing to try somethin new. If that product can really do what it claims, and save you time then I'm all about it ! Lord knows the time we have to put into cleaning, fixing, and maintaining our wheelers as it is. If nothing else at least I'll be able to tell people not to buy the stuff and save their money.

I hear you bro, your probably right about that stuff but I'm always willing to try somethin new. If that product can really do what it claims, and save you time then I'm all about it ! Lord knows the time we have to put into cleaning, fixing, and maintaining our wheelers as it is. If nothing else at least I'll be able to tell people not to buy the stuff and save their money.

very true....let us know how it works for ya