New leak down tester (filtered)

BlasterPat

Jan 8, 2016
New Jersey
Hi guys this is a new leak down tester that I put together. I was walking around tractor supply and just seen the items so I picked them up only a couple bucks here and there. In the picture I circled where I am going to add a quick release valve so that I can use different size coupling ends which I'll already have made up to fit different size intake manifolds. I haven't seen this done but I thought it was a great idea now where the blue circles are I will be adding a cheap uni type air filter cut up and stuffed in the ends of the hoses so I don't blow debree into the engine the way I am I don't want even a grain of sand or anything that could have gotten in the hoses into the cylinder. Just hoping it's a good idea lemme hear some inputs. Also I have put hose clamps on all the connections just FYI. Just took the picture as a draft.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-17-46-47-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-17-46-47-1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
Reactions: Blaster crazy
I use a basketball pump that ball valves just to hold the air :)

I also wanted something that was universal lol swapping the heads are really nice with the quick valve :)

O then ur fine I'd just put some plumbers clamps where the tubes meet the fittings u don't want ur leak tester to have a leak lol

I bought this pack for 4 bucks. I just didn't put them on yet until I put the air filters in the tubes.

Attachments

• 20160216_183702.jpg
    20160216_183702.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 151
Had it already in the garage idk where it came from lol
Ahhhh I know how that is lol. My grandparents garage was the size of a 2000 square ft house and used to have EVERYTHING!! he was a master welder for Chicago bridge and iron, then foreman so he got dibs on everything lol.