New Clutch and still not engaging

2strokesmokes

Aug 30, 2018
i put a brand new tusk Clutch in and it’s doing the same thing the old Clutch did
Just barely engaging
The ball bearing is in there and it’s as if the push rod isn’t long enough. I have the push rod screwed pretty much as far in as it will go to get it in the adjustment mark and the 10mm nut is only grabbing a couple threads of the rod
It’s as if the rod needs to be longer
Are supposed to be able to spin the Clutch basket freely with the Clutch out because I can

I wonder if I can fit another clutch disc in the basket or put a second ball bearing in there

Is my clutch basket worn down maybe

It’s trying to grab just the push rod runs out of threads

do you have the dots lined up ?
full

do you have the actuator pointer aligned with the nub on cases ? under the carb from shifter side
(this is adjusted wuith the rod/nut)
full

it's also possible the left side rod is mushroomed where it rides on the actuator, or the actuator arm is grooved.
disconnect the clutch cable and pull the actuator up out to see (best to have right side rod and pressure plate out to relieve the pressure)

Reactions: 2strokesmokes
There is very small amount of peening on the rod end but I don’t know what the other rod looks like. I’ll try line the dots up

Are you supposed to be able to spin the Clutch basket freely
I would think with the Clutch engaged you shouldn’t be able to spin it

So the problem was that the metal ring spring was next to a disc that had a larger inside diameter so it slipped inside of it

And I didn’t have the dots lined up

My kickstarter doesn’t return back up and I have the springs and clips in all the right places so not sure what’s going on there

if the dots are not aligned the pressure plate will not make full contact with the plates, allowing them to slip badly
(this was your problem)

the "wave washer" does indeed belong inside the fiber with the larger inside diameter, take that spring out completely, it is not needed anyway, it's sole purpose is to cushion clutch engagement for new/youth riders that blasters were originally targeted for, not 25-30-40 hp engines as many of us now have

double check your clip/springs on the kicker...............
https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-install-the-kickstarter-gear.2227/

Ya that’s how I have the kick start installed but it won’t come back up once I tighten the cover down. Is there a washer or spacer I’m missing?

Ya that’s how I have the kick start installed but it won’t come back up once I tighten the cover down. Is there a washer or spacer I’m missing?

check the diagram against yours for missing parts, but they do randomly just go bad, I've replaced a few with used ones off ebay or here

kick.jpg