new and confused

maybe the cdi is unplugged instead of tors lol just kidding
tors is circled in red
tors in red.jpg

I'm going to check it over from the front to back tomorrow, supposed to rain, unplug and replug every connection I can find, then try it again. thanks for the help.

If you're going do that, make sure connections are clean and tight. Dab of dielectric grease will help corrosion and water protection. DO NOT reconnect tors "brain"

I've ran into electrical gremlins in the past on other things, these bullet plugs are new to me and as I was checking switches, coils, key switches, I had to unplug them and plug them back in, they make a popping noise when plugged back in and I always listened for that. I know grounds are important and will check the body grounds as well as the common ones.

No luck today, took off every inch of tape from the harness, removed the TORS wiring, checked and cleaned grounds, unmade and remade all connections, still no spark. Weather wasn't bad but it was cold and damp. Don't know what to do now. Maybe santa will help. Merry Christmas everybody........................Al

Have you pulled the stator cover off to see if the flywheel is still attached to the crank?

I guess what I took off wasn't the stator cover, this one was plastic, the next one in line must be what I needed the tool for. I borrowed a flywheel removal tool, screwed it in with it's left hand thread, but it didn't go in very far by hand so I used an open end wrench but couldn't turn it in much farther. So I put the impact wrench on it and tore all the threads off the tool. Now I'm lost and confused again.

I guess what I took off wasn't the stator cover, this one was plastic, the next one in line must be what I needed the tool for. I borrowed a flywheel removal tool, screwed it in with it's left hand thread, but it didn't go in very far by hand so I used an open end wrench but couldn't turn it in much farther. So I put the impact wrench on it and tore all the threads off the tool. Now I'm lost and confused again.

:(
did you pick the thick washer out that sits under the flywheel nut ?
before threading in the puller, that allows it to thread in completely.
chances are better you pulled the flywheel threads, not the tool, pick the washer, clean off the tool threads with a wire wheel, and give it another try. there may just be enuf threads left in there to grab ?

jump on here and ask us if you get stuck again, someone is usually on to help and may save you some headache and $

and yes, the stator cover is plastic

i just saw this real quick if it helps at all:)
i dont think it showed him removing the washer though?
the tool threads left/then you need to hold it still with wrench,and twist other shaft in at same time...

impact guns have probably destroyed as many things as lug nuts they've removed :(
there is absolutely no need for one on a blaster engine.

yes you should not use impact gone/overkill.
just found video and was unsure if he has ever seen someone in a video take one off:)
there is other videos on web if you take time to search,or just get over it and take the flywheel off lol

I was posting while you posted the vid, my post was not in response to yours :)

You guys are right again. That wasn't a washer behind the nut, It's more like a bushing. I could turn the tool in farther by hand, but with the front threads gone they wouldn't hold and were just pulled out. This time I used a ratchet on the tool. The guy I borrowed the tool from said he had another but when he sees the one I borrowed he won't let me use the other one. Not sure how to put pics on here but will try.
blaster tool.jpg blaster washer.jpg

oh yeah, you get todays award for most damaged tool/part :(
those threads are toast.
hopefully you can get them out of the flywheel threads so the next puller will screw in.
try using a small dental pic to remove all the tool threads from the mating ritual they're now doing with
the flywheel threads

btw, pics worked, next time click "full size" not thumbnail

you can get a tool for like 10 bucks.
i have also heard that sometimes a local shop will pull it for free/perhaps if your a regular customer

next time click "full size" not thumbnail

they don't enlarge when clicked on, they do for me. Are there any prizes for most damaged tools?

Reactions: Bluesman