Needing some support!

Chevytrucks72

May 9, 2018
Hey guys, I believe I'm going to get a lrd exhaust for my 2000 model blaster, and at the moment I'm putting the motor together as I go. It's completely stock, ended up buying a complete bottom end so needing advice. What other mods should I get to go with the lrd? I know I'll probably need to upsize my carb, but any other mods, and any help would be appreciated!

without any internal engine mods (porting/head mod/stroker crank) just stick with the stock carb
I ran an LRD on a mildly modded engine with the stock carb and it ripped, think I was at a 330 main jet, stock pilot and needle, middle clip position.
Uni filter with airbox lid off will help it breath in better.

send that head for modification to ken oconnor racing and hold on tight :)
http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/index.html

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Agree with Awk. Even with mods a carb should be last on your list.
However, if you came across a carb from a 80-86 or maybe 125 dirt bike for free or Uber cheap grab it.

I run stock carb with porting, reeds, Fat Bastard pipe and more than happy with it.

without any internal engine mods (porting/head mod/stroker crank) just stick with the stock carb
I ran an LRD on a mildly modded engine with the stock carb and it ripped, think I was at a 330 main jet, stock pilot and needle, middle clip position.
Uni filter with airbox lid off will help it breath in better.

send that head for modification to ken oconnor racing and hold on tight :)
http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/index.html
Thanks so much AWK! Do you have a method of contact? My replies on the forum aren't always so quick! I thank you a bunch for the help though! I Intend to send my cylinder and head to Ken, at the moment its all about getting the money together for it. What would be the besbest way to go, stock cylinder with port and head, or have it bored too? Thanks in advance!

Agree with Awk. Even with mods a carb should be last on your list.
However, if you came across a carb from a 80-86 or maybe 125 dirt bike for free or Uber cheap grab it.

I run stock carb with porting, reeds, Fat Bastard pipe and more than happy with it.
Sweet! Thanks for the help! Let's see some pics of the beast