Need sum help

stevie9417

Feb 16, 2012
Was riding my kx250 today I stalled it so I started kicking it an it backfired and now it won't start! Please help

no problem man, somebody else will come along to give you some more help in more detail I imagine. I am not good at explaining things to people haha

What's the reeds I don't know much about Dirtbikes this is my first one

Well in that case check the spark plug, might be fouled. If not get a manual and do a compression test, leakdown test, check jetting, ispect reed valves to see if they are cracked or worn. If they are worn they will not seal all the way.

What's the reeds I don't know much about Dirtbikes this is my first one

If you don't even know what reeds are,that may be one of the reasons your bike is not running. I bet you don't even know the what and why of jetting. I just don't understand why people don't read up on taking care of there ride before they jump on it and break it.

Ok I checked the reeds there fine tge spark plug isn't fouled and it has compression. I kick it an it's like blah blah blah

The best advice I can give you is take it to a local dealer or bike shop and pay the 80 bucks to have it checked over then you can decide if its worth fixing. Most shops will credit you the one hour shop charge if you get it repaired through them.

I wouldn't take it to the dealer, you can learn how to take care of it by finding out what is wrong and fixing it yourself. Is gas getting to the carb?

i suggest trying starting fluid or stand it up just long enough to get gas to come out of the carb and kick it over a few times

i suggest trying starting fluid or stand it up just long enough to get gas to come out of the carb and kick it over a few times

Would this really help, it seems a great way to get the float to seal off the gas flow and drain the carb.

But I have been wrong before, at least once.