Need some input

Aug 22, 2010
ROC ny
01 blaster UNi foam filter fmf fatty exhaust. I'm runnin a 270 main. Did leak test...no leaks. Has no power and will not hit "powerband" . Popped the air box lid off and it ran so good it's unbelievable. Should I up the main 1 or 2 sizes?

Dksix is correct, Probably Will need to increase the main jet size, but only a plug chop will confirm that.

I tried today doing chops I got it up as fast as possible with it running so crappy like 4th pulled the plug and it was looking ok Wich is the wierd thing.

Taking the lid of lets more air through, if it cleaned up with the lid off it would indicate you were rich. Have you tried a plug chop with the lid off? I'm running stock engine, oil injection, a K&N and DG full exhaust at 1200' ASL with a 280 main. Where is your needle? I'd start the chops with the clip in the middle (stock position I think) but the clip should have no effect on WOT. For piece of mind, I would suggest taking the carb back apart and checking to see that everything got put back in and in correctly. Not trying to imply you don't know what you're doing, everything misses stuff everyone in awhile. I've put a brake pad on backwards (steel against rotor and fiber against the piston) and spent a 2 or 3 days trying to figure out why a trike wouldn't run after putting the float in upside down, just to name a couple of my brain farts.

FMF needs a #260.

Air box lid off adds 2 sizes.

Foam filter adds 1 or 2 sizes.

Premix at 32:1 adds 1 size.

Plug chop is the only way to know.

Plug chop.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, roll to a stop.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

This is a good to go plug.

2wr2fwo.jpg

This one is a little rich, but I would run it, I like to be on the safe side.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg