Need some carb help

ForMud

May 6, 2019
Looking for a little help on a Mikuni VM-28 carb.
I have a friend/customer ask me to work on his Blaster for me. The problem I was told is it leaks gas from the carb while sitting....Needle and seat....No problem.
I was also told it's been sitting for a while...After dropping the bowl I discovered it's been sitting a looooong time. Everything is varnished up pretty bad ( Stunk the whole shop up ) but I think I can clean and rebuild it.
The problem I'm having is finding a rebuild kit for it. I've seen kits for the VM-30, 32, 34 but not a 28....Are they the same?
Also what's the deal with removing the oil injection line going into the carb? They have a non removable clamp on it. I would like to remove it so the carb cleaning solvent doesn't harm rubber/plastic line. When I removed the carb I took off the oil pump too and left them connected.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Yamaha-Blaster-YFS-200-Carburetor-Carb-Rebuild-Repair-Kit-1988-2006-New-E1/162257340578?fits=Make:Yamaha&epid=17022524460&hash=item25c74a88a2:g:MosAAOSwo4pYEcqo

/\ I never use the jets or needle from these carb kits, only genuine mikuni jetting
but they're worth it just for the gaskets/o-rings
and float valve and needle< which are like $60 at a dealer

if you're careful, you can slide that oil line clamp down the line with a small screwdriver, and re-use it
most of us just delete the oil injection for premix, and cap that brass inlet nipple on the carb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Yamaha-Blaster-YFS-200-Carburetor-Carb-Rebuild-Repair-Kit-1988-2006-New-E1/162257340578?fits=Make:Yamaha&epid=17022524460&hash=item25c74a88a2:g:MosAAOSwo4pYEcqo

/\ I never use the jets or needle from these carb kits, only genuine mikuni jetting
but they're worth it just for the gaskets/o-rings
and float valve and needle< which are like $60 at a dealer

if you're careful, you can slide that oil line clamp down the line with a small screwdriver, and re-use it
most of us just delete the oil injection for premix, and cap that brass inlet nipple on the carb.

Thanks for the link and the needle info.....I'll be using your float adj thread too.

If it was mine..It would be 2-stroke, but he's getting it running for his grand kids and is worried about them not putting mix in there.