Need help

Camden

May 8, 2020
It anyone can help me I have a 2000 blaster that has good spark 125 psi of compression good stator brand new carb, and has a brand new piston and sleeve, it won’t start or run, what should I do?

It anyone can help me I have a 2000 blaster that has good spark 125 psi of compression good stator brand new carb, and has a brand new piston and sleeve, it won’t start or run, what should I do?
You need 3 things air fuel and spark at the right time. Maybe check your reeds.

Check that you are getting fuel in the engine, Start from the tank and work to the carb. Make sure your reed valves are in good shape. You should check that the exhaust is not plugged. If it doesn’t want to run still, I would check the timing to make sure it is firing at the right time.

Check that you are getting fuel in the engine, Start from the tank and work to the carb. Make sure your reed valves are in good shape. You should check that the exhaust is not plugged. If it doesn’t want to run still, I would check the timing to make sure it is firing at the right time.
Also check that you are getting air, make sure nothing is plugging the filter or intake boot.

You need 3 things air fuel and spark at the right time. Maybe check your reeds.
I put new reeds in it and I took the air filter off bc I was working on it I plan on getting a new boot and filter

That’s what I’m going to do next

How do I check the timing

Also I have a new carb and I know it’s getting fuel, what fuel mixture should I use?

Also I have a new carb and I know it’s getting fuel, what fuel mixture should I use?
If you do not have the oil injection system hooked up, mix the fuel 32:1 with a good 2 stroke oil. If the carb is oem make sure the oil injection line nipple is blocked off to not suck air in.
For the timing there should be marks on the fly wheel that line up with marks on the crankcase. A “T” for top dead center (piston should be at the top of the cylinder). And an “F” for Fire( when the spark plug fires). Rotate the engine with the spark plug out and when the “t” mark lines up with the case mark feel in the cylinder with a screw driver or pick and make sure the piston is at the very top and Starts to go back down as you keep rotating the engine.
If the piston is not at the top when the marks line up you may have a missing or broken flywheel key. That is what lines the fly wheel up on the crank in the correct spot to fire at the right time.

Timing is non adjustable unless you have a modded plate which allows about 4* advance, or an aftermarket plate, which 4* is still the max you want to go. You need a Blaster/Banshee flywheel puller to check it. NO 2-3jaw pullers or a pry bar, unless you like buying parts

Reactions: Slydog and TRider06
If you do not have the oil injection system hooked up, mix the fuel 32:1 with a good 2 stroke oil. If the carb is oem make sure the oil injection line nipple is blocked off to not suck air in.
For the timing there should be marks on the fly wheel that line up with marks on the crankcase. A “T” for top dead center (piston should be at the top of the cylinder). And an “F” for Fire( when the spark plug fires). Rotate the engine with the spark plug out and when the “t” mark lines up with the case mark feel in the cylinder with a screw driver or pick and make sure the piston is at the very top and Starts to go back down as you keep rotating the engine.
If the piston is not at the top when the marks line up you may have a missing or broken flywheel key. That is what lines the fly wheel up on the crank in the correct spot to fire at the right time.
Thank you this will hopefully solve my problem

What kinda piston and sleeve

I
If the piston is not at the top when the marks line up you may have a missing or broken flywheel key. That is what lines the fly wheel up on the crank in the correct spot to fire at the right time.[/QUOTE
where is the marks on the flywheel located?

Where is the marks on the flywheel? I don’t see them

Where is the marks on the flywheel? I don’t see them
I just looked at my Blaster manual to see what it said about timing. All it says is “Ignition Timing Check, Adjustment free.”
So there might not be marks like I thought there was. Sorry about the misinformation, every other bike I’ve worked on has had timing marks on the flywheel.

Like larry posted earlier.Timing is not adjustable from the factory.an offset 4 degree keyway can be installed or an adjustable stator plate as was mentioned in. Larry's post

I just looked at my Blaster manual to see what it said about timing. All it says is “Ignition Timing Check, Adjustment free.”
So there might not be marks like I thought there was. Sorry about the misinformation, every other bike I’ve worked on has had timing marks on the flywheel.
It’s ok