Need help with replacement reeds.

SIR69

Aug 22, 2014
Want to replace my reeds with what I currently have, and need help with correctly identifying them. It is an aftermarket boyesen rad valve with "35" cast into the side of it. It uses the stock boot and is not the same as the 35A unit that I see online. Several years ago I had this same problem and boyesen sent me the correct reeds, but they are not pro-85 but are very similar two stage carbon reeds. Anybody know exactly what rad valve this is and what replacement reeds go in it? Here are some pics of it compared to stock setup with pro-85 reeds.

Well pics are to big for server apparently. But I will email or send pics to anyone able to help. This Reed cage is aluminum has a rounded intake port has boyesen printed on face and 35 cast into side. Uses two pedal two stage reeds with two screws holding them in and no Reed stops.

Well pics are to big for server apparently. But I will email or send pics to anyone able to help. This Reed cage is aluminum has a rounded intake port has boyesen printed on face and 35 cast into side. Uses two pedal two stage reeds with two screws holding them in and no Reed stops.
Have to resize the pics.35a has 3 screws i think? Pics would help someone identify them.

Last edited:
8201.jpeg

Attachments

• 8203.jpeg
    8203.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: Slydog
Can you please upload more pictures?
This is about all I can find on Boyesen's website:
upload_2020-4-27_23-6-42.png

I don't know where you're located, but they run a very tiny shop about an hour south of me.
But unfortunately, Governor Wolf is an idiot and has all the small businesses closed because f*ck us, right?

Reactions: Slydog
Can you please upload more pictures?
This is about all I can find on Boyesen's website:
View attachment 34558

I don't know where you're located, but they run a very tiny shop about an hour south of me.
But unfortunately, Governor Wolf is an idiot and has all the small businesses closed because f*ck us, right?
The gov is still getting paid:confused: i think it is an essential business:D . there are alot of bikes and atvs on trailers going down the road here. Everyone has their toys out

I have looked over there website also, but unfortunately the images say "representative image only"...I have several other blasters and run the PRO-85 in most of those, but the reeds on this valve are slightly different and pro-85 is smaller. It possible could be the rad valve replacement reeds shown on the website, but all of those I see have three bolts on the Reed holder. If I can't get replacement for it,. What is everyone's ideas on vforce? The newer rad valve will not work because it doesn't use stock boot and my carb is aftermarket and barely clears stock boot.

I have looked over there website also, but unfortunately the images say "representative image only"...I have several other blasters and run the PRO-85 in most of those, but the reeds on this valve are slightly different and pro-85 is smaller. It possible could be the rad valve replacement reeds shown on the website, but all of those I see have three bolts on the Reed holder. If I can't get replacement for it,. What is everyone's ideas on vforce? The newer rad valve will not work because it doesn't use stock boot and my carb is aftermarket and barely clears stock boot.
You try emailing them?

I think that possibly it could be the PSR-142 reeds, but if those fit the 35A rad valve then they will not fit mine. Anybody use the PSR-142 Reed that could send a pic?

I think that possibly it could be the PSR-142 reeds, but if those fit the 35A rad valve then they will not fit mine. Anybody use the PSR-142 Reed that could send a pic?
They do have the 2 retaining screw holes. And it says for rad valve? But your pic has a split petal design.if you can find out if the measurements ate the same somehow?