Need help with jets

Minus

Apr 8, 2018
My blaster has tomey pipes,pro series reeds ,stock carb with 280 jet that came with the carb and pipe.i was riding but it doesn't pick up speed.i ordered new crank seals and are ready to be installed and I also bought a 300 jet.also i have a maier rear fender that has no lid to filter has foam filter.im hoping this works because I've been dying to wheelie my blaster down my block.any help or suggestions lmk I live in New york

Attachments

• 20180512_190657.jpg
    20180512_190657.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
Reactions: Awk08
I was also thinking that if I go to Pa and ride on the trails do u you think I would have to change the main jet just to ride there because of the elevation,or see what jet would work more with my motor performance.?

What's the difference in elevation? Also depends on how you are jetted for home. If you're on the rich side (safe side) , you might be way too rich higher up. Take next size leaner jet and extra plug with you on ride trip. If runs boggy, change the jwt.

Damn so I put the seals in on both sides and the blaster runs great .it was harder to kick because I guess after the new seals it gave more compression. What a huge difference. When I started it huge amount of smoke came out .I'm guessing the oil was going into the motor.i got also the competition spark plug it has a 280 jet in and I have a 300 jet now I have to do a plug chop ..huge diffrence.thanks guyz

Reactions: Cherokee and Awk08
I was also thinking that if I go to Pa and ride on the trails do u you think I would have to change the main jet just to ride there because of the elevation,or see what jet would work more with my motor performance.?

I am here @ 1800 - 2400' elevation in Pa. my suggestions above are based on that