Need help asap yfz 450

SalM

Aug 1, 2011
sup guys, my steering stem is bent and I found an aftermarket +1 gibson stem with protaper fat bars... the stem is off an 04' will it fit on my 06'? People are telling me no, but i found a gibson ad on ebay saying that the stem is +1 for 04-05 models and is standard height for the 06...

Need to know asap just to make sure double checking cause I'm going tonight to get it in about 2 hours...

the only difference I see is length. I called this company that sells gibson stems on ebay and he said they are all interchangeable just the height is different...

the only difference I see is length. I called this company that sells gibson stems on ebay and he said they are all interchangeable just the height is different...

Burgard also has two listing one for 04-05 and 06-08 both different part numbers.

So they'll interchange right into each other no problem? Cause my front end suspension is all stock.. and I found this deal +1 gibson stem from an 04' and want to put it on my 06' the only issue I can find is the height but I dont care about the height its going to be standard... my main thing is it will mount into the bottom part where the spline slips into...

Yup. +1 for 04-05 is std. height for an '06.

sounds like theres your answer !!!!
a +1 for pre '06 is stock length for an 06
exact length replacement

So they'll interchange right into each other no problem? Cause my front end suspension is all stock.. and I found this deal +1 gibson stem from an 04' and want to put it on my 06' the only issue I can find is the height but I dont care about the height its going to be standard... my main thing is it will mount into the bottom part where the spline slips into...

Yes it will fit. Yamaha didn't change too much (suspension wise) on the yfz's. Just subtle changes. But, if you look into the motor I'm pretty sure you're '06 has an extra .6mm stroke than a '04-'05. You also don't have to worry about the oil problem the '04-'05s had.

yes it fits only difference is the bar mounts 07-08 uses fat bars, also 06 still has oil problems... you need to get the oil squarter mod done, also check the side case bolts by the starter gear they like to come lose.

Got the Gibson +1 And Pro Taper contour fat bars, painted the gibson black and it looks sweeeeeet!

Got the Gibson +1 And Pro Taper contour fat bars, painted the gibson black and it looks sweeeeeet!

c'mon bro, you know the house rules.....................

PICS OR YOU'RE LYING !!!!!!!!!

Hahaha I'll get pics up soon and I'll make a new thread with the stem and bars pics and my intense weekend of ripping! Lets say my quad was yellow and I cant see my plastics... But I bought the bike with a bent stem..and it was bent pretty damn bad...