What do I do

• Save

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spend

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Dean Hendersen

Nov 6, 2017
So background is im a broke highschool student who is building a banshee but currently rides a blaster. My buddy rode it and seized the motor. Bottom ends shot so gonna rebuild. He's gonna give me some money to help build it (around $300). I have $450 to go towards my banshee but after doing research I realized I can do a stroker motor. Out of pocket for me to do a stroker and not just a wiseco rebuild will be about $340. With the stroker rebuild I'm going to do clutches aswell. So do I just go the cheap way and do the quick rebuild and ride the bike for the next 2 years it takes me to finish the banshee or do the full rebuild and push the banshee to the back burner. Attached I've added a picture of prices of parts and a picture of my crank assembly. I also do a lot of dune riding and trail riding in the desert if thats a factor to take in.
Screenshot_20190109-191514.png

Attachments

• IMG_20190107_124517704.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 186
So background is im a broke highschool student who is building a banshee but currently rides a blaster. My buddy rode it and seized the motor. Bottom ends shot so gonna rebuild. He's gonna give me some money to help build it (around $300). I have $450 to go towards my banshee but after doing research I realized I can do a stroker motor. Out of pocket for me to do a stroker and not just a wiseco rebuild will be about $340. With the stroker rebuild I'm going to do clutches aswell. So do I just go the cheap way and do the quick rebuild and ride the bike for the next 2 years it takes me to finish the banshee or do the full rebuild and push the banshee to the back burner. Attached I've added a picture of prices of parts and a picture of my crank assembly. I also do a lot of dune riding and trail riding in the desert if thats a factor to take in.View attachment 33271 View attachment 33271 View attachment 33271
Ok, so I recommend that you make your friend pay for the bottom end (all of it) and then I personally would take the banshee slow. Take your time. Then what you should do is finish your blaster up then if you feel you have grown out of it then sell it and use that money for the banshee. That is what I do with quads and I'm only 13 so. Build up your blaster sell it then banshee time. Or you could try and make some money while you have your blaster and then try and build up your banshee while you do the blaster but I don't really recommend that because usually one quad gets left in the dust. Thanks for reading and respond if you think I'm stupid I need to learn and stuff so thank you!!!

I like Scotts idea, rebuild the blaster, it'll get ya back riding cheaper and sooner, then sale it to fund banshee parts, ultimately the banshee is better suited for dune riding, a stock under powered blaster struggles in dune sand

Reactions: Dean Hendersen
Unless your friend was being really stupid, I doubt the crank was his fault. Definitely do the 3mil. Well worth the money. Do some DIY porting while apart, REALLY worth the time.

When it comes to the banshee go with a 4mil long rod stroker.

With both, get it bored for new piston.

Reactions: Dean Hendersen
Unless your friend was being really stupid, I doubt the crank was his fault. Definitely do the 3mil. Well worth the money. Do some DIY porting while apart, REALLY worth the time.

When it comes to the banshee go with a 4mil long rod stroker.

With both, get it bored for new piston.
Banshee motor is all done except a top end. I'm pretty sure holding it 2nd gear wide of a good 10 minutes classifys as stupid.

UPDATE. Ive decided to go with the stroker. Parts are getting sent out Monday and it should be done in a week or 2s time. Hopefully gonna post a build thread 2