Namura vs. Wiseco

Uuhnt

Feb 2, 2010
Iowa
Hey all, so we are planning on doing a top end rebuild on that LT230 I told you about in my other thread. I've been looking at piston kits, and obviously wiseco was my first choice, but I found a Namura kit for substantially less. What is the difference between the two? Is Namura cast and Wiseco forged? Should we just spend the extra money on Wiseco? or is Namura OK?

Namura is a great piston, but it is cast like a stock piston. Wiseco is forged and will not break into a million pieces when it gets old like a cast one but you have to make sure to break the motor in right with Wiseco and you have to make sure to let the motor warm up lots before riding.
Personally I would get a Namura since it's not a race machine or anything. I had one in my Blaster and never had a problem

Namura is ok.. I used one becuase thats all I could get.
I would spend the few extra and get a wiseco, lighter, and longer lasting..

Heres my namura after 30ish hours.

Capture5-4.jpg

32-1 premix good jetting... not pretty...

I've heard some pretty bad stories about them form lots of people too... they like to crack along the intake, skirts break off and so on. People have even lost entire engines becuase the skirt broke off and ruined everything ( again just what I heard form people I can't prove anything)

Wiseco is definitely the first choice, but since that thing isn't exactly a rip roarin high horsepower machine.....the Namura will probably work fine. The local bike shop actually likes using them better in lower horse builds because they're less prone to cold seizing

Wiseco is definitely the first choice, but since that thing isn't exactly a rip roarin high horsepower machine.....the Namura will probably work fine. The local bike shop actually likes using them better in lower horse builds because they're less prone to cold seizing

Local bike shop in Ames?

o sorry, local in my hometown in Oskaloosa. the only thing up here is the Yamaha dealer. they always like to see me come in lol