My full rebuild

2_Smoked

Feb 10, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR
www.myspace.com
Well, its time to have the bottom end rebuilt. I decided that i would have to pay someone to do the work since i own barely any of the tools to do the job properly. I added up the cost for myself to do it and it was not much cheaper than what is advertised and who know who much of a headache that project would actually be for me(I do plan on doing a bottom end eventually I'm just in a hurry to ride again). So, yesterday I pressure washed and tore down the blaster. Has anyone shipped a bottom end and how much does that cost?
here's some pics

The last time it will look like this I:I

l_61f01a40bc014755a5502dd93cdf6961.jpg

l_896c29ab14ee4400a8c05849573217ac.jpg

l_b604b438676946b8812bd445404ed0ac.jpg

l_d46a71536bfb46e686714aabba03db82.jpg

So heres the plan.
1) Have the bottom end done by a pro
2) New rear tires (the balloons gotta go)
3) Wally Headlight
4) New paint (Red frame black arms and swinger)
5) Get those rear fenders white again

It should be less than $30 bucks. I shipped my whole motor from PA to Conneticut for $35 including insurance! Ken Oconner Racing is the shiznit, You should check him out for your build he know what's up/prices are awesome, and the Support is Best in the buisiness! I:II:II:II:II:II:II:II:II:I. His turn around time is pretty good also even though it is peak season! Through him a Pm at his screen name is Oconner racing just incase ya don't know!

It should be less than $30 bucks. I shipped my whole motor from PA to Conneticut for $35 including insurance! Ken Oconner Racing is the shiznit, You should check him out for your build he know what's up/prices are awesome, and the Support is Best in the buisiness! I:II:II:II:II:II:II:II:II:I. His turn around time is pretty good also even though it is peak season! Through him a Pm at his screen name is Oconner racing just incase ya don't know!

Yeah, that is what I want to do. He suggests on his site that you build a frame around your motor, did you do that? and it was only $35? what postal carrier was that?

I went with UPS- But I will do fedex from now on as I have had issues with UPS! If you get a plastic tote from walmart or local discount store, that has the split lids put a piece of plywood or floorboard in it. Then surround it with bubble wrap or similar. Zip tie the lid pieces together then tape it. It will protect your investment, speaking from experience. Mine was damaged, as I used a heavy duty cardboard box and 8lbs of bubblewrap -I'm still awaiting claim- UPS claims dept. sucks!

BTW- looks like ya have a good start going I'll be keepin an eye on this one!

Reactions: 2_Smoked
I went with UPS- But I will do fedex from now on as I have had issues with UPS! If you get a plastic tote from walmart or local discount store, that has the split lids put a piece of plywood or floorboard in it. Then surround it with bubble wrap or similar. Zip tie the lid pieces together then tape it. It will protect your investment, speaking from experience. Mine was damaged, as I used a heavy duty cardboard box and 8lbs of bubblewrap -I'm still awaiting claim- UPS claims dept. sucks!

BTW- looks like ya have a good start going I'll be keepin an eye on this one!

Thanks for the info and heads up man :D

Wiring is one of the eaisier things not much there! Try wiring a 101 pin connector with no room -sucks!

looking good man, whats your plans with the plastics? i painted mine with white krylon fusion and it holds up amazing and looks brand new

A bit more work got put in today

Another couple coats

l_38fc661540294a58bd3e9f458d6e419c.jpg

Some brass wheel action, and a new gearbox oil drain plug (magnetic). It has pulled pieces of metal out already.:eek: The last one could only do oil changes with vice grips and I was not getting a proper seal.X(
(during)

l_e991310d6333411f9ffd6cbd6927f4d5.jpg

after(not done)

l_40a0941816ff4783886805189a82a550.jpg

It started to get a bit dark. Its cool to see this paint go from a kinda bright red in the sun to a black cherry in low light.

l_63b6c1b775574974bb8c0c6a070b30aa.jpg

I actually really like this paint for just rattle can.

This is a very inexpensive rebuild, thus lacking popularity, but I am very glad for the outcome for the amount of money invested.:D I promise this build will have a better budget down the road but, as it is I am still a "newb" to the whole subject of being a "mech" or a "modifier" or "whatever" it is a new found passion that goes hand and hand with my also new found love of riding a quad, thus the budget must match but, not exceed beyond my skill too far...if that even makes sense....but, anyway...in the mail today received my seals and my clutch cover gasket so I can get that squared away. A member who lives locally to me of this forum has helped me immensely already has even told me he will help me in replacing this seal. I owe so much more to BF.com than just making some contribution in cash, its the hands on, or pictures, or video, or whathaveyou, that makes this forum great, that I hope to pay back in the same denomination. I just want to say thank you to how much you guys have really helped me with my quad. I dont know if ya'll have read my other threads but, I'm just some ordinary guy with no skills before and you guys have helped me times a millions this and given me an edge on some of the people around me and I appreciate it so much.

keep at her man its coming along nice, what color is your frame? looks great I:I. i agree 100% that it does not take alot of money to make a nice looking blasty, time and love are more important I:I I:I