my blaster wont shift properly

First either get a Clymers repair manual or find the PDF file on this site. Knowing what pieces go where and do what is critical for diagnosis.
We can give a dozen “guesses “ but you still have to check it out.

First, is your problem while trying to ride it?
What have you checked? Oil?
How capable are you to work on it? (Repair manual?)
Check the external shift mechanism. Check shift shaft for straightness.
I bought it with a blown engine, I I took it apart and rebuilt it then to realize that it doesn’t shift. (It ran really strong but didn’t shift) then I pulled it apart again every thing in the two half’s were good and where they were supposed to be, then still didn’t work, so I took it apart again today and noticed that the roller on the star Bit was not put in, so I did that and now it clicks in to gear better. Still even turning it over and trying to up shift above second gear doesn’t work, I’m waiting for the oil safe gasket maker to dry. So well see what happens tomorrow. And new oil both times I rebuilt it because I nocked over my oil container both times‍♂️

Last edited:
First either get a Clymers repair manual or find the PDF file on this site. Knowing what pieces go where and do what is critical for diagnosis.
We can give a dozen “guesses “ but you still have to check it out.

First, is your problem while trying to ride it?
What have you checked? Oil?
How capable are you to work on it? (Repair manual?)
Check the external shift mechanism. Check shift shaft for straightness.
I bought it with a blown engine, I I took it apart and rebuilt it then to realize that it doesn’t shift. (It ran really strong but didn’t shift) then I pulled it apart again every thing in the two half’s were good and where they were supposed to be, then still didn’t work, so I took it apart again today and noticed that the roller on the star Bit was not put in, so I did that and now it clicks in to gear better. Still even turning it over and trying to up shift above second gear doesn’t work, I’m waiting for the oil safe gasket maker to dry. So well see what happens tomorrow

I bought it with a blown engine, I I took it apart and rebuilt it then to realize that it doesn’t shift. (It ran really strong but didn’t shift) then I pulled it apart again every thing in the two half’s were good and where they were supposed to be, then still didn’t work, so I took it apart again today and noticed that the roller on the star Bit was not put in, so I did that and now it clicks in to gear better. Still even turning it over and trying to up shift above second gear doesn’t work, I’m waiting for the oil safe gasket maker to dry. So well see what happens tomorrow. And new oil both times I rebuilt it because I nocked over my oil container both times‍♂️
That's a big piece to forget.that locks it in each gear. That would give you the symptoms you had. All 3 shift forks in?