My blaster wont idle

Boostwhipped

Jun 11, 2017
Hey guys so I have a 2002 blaster and it wont idle. Kinda of a long story but took it to a friend that's a small engine repair guy and he deleted the tors system but not sure if he did it correctly. Also its premixed now and shouldnt he have plugged holes on the carb from the previous oil injection? Right now it starts but runs like crap kinda boggy and wont idle. Anyone have any suggestions?

You need to cap off the oil nipple on the carb

Idle adjusting.
Set float level, make sure that all jets are clean and fuel flows freely from the float bowl drain
when the screw is cracked open.
Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.
Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a faster idle, 2000rpm+
Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.
Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs or until the motor responds.
Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .
if the air screw ends up being more than 2 1/2 turns out the pilot is too big.
if the air screw is less than 1/2 a turn out the pilot is too small.

If you are now pre mixing you may need to use a larger main jet.

Plug chop to confirm.

Thanks I have been playing with it the last few nights found that when he did the tors delete he didnt install the idle screw in the side of the carb al I got that and installed it myself plus he didnt cap or plug the oil injection lines on the side of carb I got those plugged and going to try it tonight and see how she runs

Blaster, that's a great description of idle/pilot adjust. Here's a related question: my TORS was previously deleted but whoever did it basically just cut the electrical connections to the TORS, meaning they left that TORS block in place on top of the carb. There is no idle adjust screw in the side of the carb, just the pilot. The TORS still has the big idle adjust screw on it, will that work? I would like to turn down my idle but when I turn that screw either direction it doesn't seem to do much. Thanks