my blaster has reverse!!

Hatchhonda19

Oct 19, 2008
i put a new clutch basket on my blaster.. and now if only goes in reverse all 6 gears in reverse.wtf happen.. my friend hopped on it and hit the shifter and the shift fork moved out..so then i just pushed it back in.. idk if thats what made that happen... does anyone have any ideas

sounds like your flywheel key and /or the igntion timing plate has come loose and its firing 180 degrees of what it should to the cycle stroke ,your timing is making the spark happen at exactly the wrong time allowing it to reverse the stroke and drive the gear backwards ,id definitly check these things over and report back ,dont ride it that way obviously

I've done it by squeezing a pry bar in behind the flywheel just a little and putting some pressure on it like im tryin to pop it off (not to much pressure or you'll crack the casing) and have someone smack the flywheel with a rubber mallet. It took a few hard whacks but mine popped off....Your choice on that one though...jmo......

im all the way out in suffolk on the north shore..im going to try the auto part store.. im sure i can get one for cheap..but thanks anyway,

yea looking at a couple bikes tomorrow, i ride in the snow on my lil xr80 i say lil because im 250 and look like a idiot,my friends ride bikes somewhere out east but only when its warmer.one place is like a guys private property with a lil track that he charges only $20 to ride,the other place they go is illegal but they havent been bother yet.i'll keep both you guys posted and when all are bikes are good to go, we can ride together, and lonewolf if u need help with your clutch let me know plus i have a repair manuel if u got questions or need pages copied

yea it was the key... it broke in two pieces... and it ran good for about 5mins and my head gasket blow again..my friend helped me and f*cked the one head stud up and now the treads keep coming out... so now i have had to re-tap it out to like 3\8 size bolt... and now it blow again... so im going to get a new jug.. im going to try Heli Coiling it tomorrow.. if not ill have to get a new one.

yea it was the key... it broke in two pieces... .

yeah i figured that was it whe nyou said reverse ,timing plays a key role in that problem,atleast you got it sorted out and can now repair replace ot get it going again